Chances of getting matched

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted595450

I am a US permanent resident who did his medical school from Asia. I applied for residency last year last year and got in Pathology residency. My program was not happy with me during my intern year and I resigned at the end of my intern year ( I did not do well in surgical pathology and mishandled a few surgical pathology specimens) . I am jobless right now. I just started doing unpaid research at the best hospital in United States. Due to my bad experience in Pathology I want to switch to some other specialty. I like outpatient medicine and that is why I think family medicine might be the answer for me. My question is if I apply for residency this year what are my chances of getting in family medicine?

My credentials are:

Green Card Holder
Old graduate of 2011
Step 1 - 251
Step2 CK -244
Step 2 - CS passed on second attempt
Step 3 - 218
I have two publications in Pulmonology

I do not have US clinical experience in family medicine but I did I full year of Pathology residency and I was given my final evaluation as satifactory in all the five ACGME core competencies.

Members don't see this ad.

hey - i am a fm resident now and i was in your same position before. private message me when you get a chance.