Chances or Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoArmy08

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm a non-traditional applicant. I will not be applying for two more years due to my military obligation. I graduated from West Point in 2008 with a degree in Engineering Management (cGPA 2.92, sGPA 2.84). I'm currently taking all of my pre-requisites (re-taking B- or lower from undergrad science) in order to raise my GPA. I Played football while in school with 18 hours/semester and have completed a MA in leadership from UTEP w/ a 4.0 while on active duty. I've held numerous leadership positions in the Army from Platoon Leader through Battery Command and have time deployed. On my upcoming deployment I plan to gain clinical experience volunteering at the base hospital on my days off and have a family friend who will let me shadow him when i get back. All of that being said, what do you think the likelihood is of getting into a DO school or what advice would you offer in order to make my application more competitive. Thanks for your time!

Members don't see this ad.

Get your numbers up >3.0 and you'll be fine. Score at least a 25 ont he MCAT.

And thank you for your service to your country. Hoooagh!

Hello, I'm a non-traditional applicant. I will not be applying for two more years due to my military obligation. I graduated from West Point in 2008 with a degree in Engineering Management (cGPA 2.92, sGPA 2.84). I'm currently taking all of my pre-requisites (re-taking B- or lower from undergrad science) in order to raise my GPA. I Played football while in school with 18 hours/semester and have completed a MA in leadership from UTEP w/ a 4.0 while on active duty. I've held numerous leadership positions in the Army from Platoon Leader through Battery Command and have time deployed. On my upcoming deployment I plan to gain clinical experience volunteering at the base hospital on my days off and have a family friend who will let me shadow him when i get back. All of that being said, what do you think the likelihood is of getting into a DO school or what advice would you offer in order to make my application more competitive. Thanks for your time!