Chances this cycle with cGPA 3.65 sGPA 3.3, MCAT 31 (11,10,10)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ct303

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a 25 yr. old Caucasian male, 3.65 cGPA, 3.3sGPA, 31 MCAT (P:11,V:10,B:10). Colorado resident. Pretty good EC- wide range of experiences.
My application was verified August 6th and I got secondaries right away.
I have sent in 16 secondaries already- what are my chances of getting into any school? What schools would you suggest for out of state applicants with similar scores?

ECs-
2 years mission abroad (Cambodia).
Founded and President of nonprofit organization to provide glasses to kids in need in Cambodia (2+ years- includes eyescreenings, etc.)
2+ years of research (1000s of hours)
1 publication, 1 on the way
1 presentation
50+ hours shadowing
50 hours volunteering in hospital
100+ clinical hours
500+ hours service
Various work experiences

Schools I applied to are all over but what do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Any MD school? Chances are low to not- bad, but only at low-tier schools, and maybe your state school, if any. You're fine for any DO program, including mine.

I am a 25 yr. old Caucasian male, 3.65 cGPA, 3.3sGPA, 31 MCAT (P:11,V:10,B:10). Colorado resident. Pretty good EC- wide range of experiences.
My application was verified August 6th and I got secondaries right away.
I have sent in 16 secondaries already- what are my chances of getting into any school? What schools would you suggest for out of state applicants with similar scores?

Members don't see this ad :)
What school are you at? And what are considered low-tier schools?

And what are considered low-tier schools?

Drexel, SLU, MCW and their ilk...avg GPA and MCAT for matriculant are at or below the nat'l avg. Srongly suggesting investing in MSAR to see where you best chanes lie. Ignore OOS public schools.

Thanks for the help- I noticed those schools in MSAR- MCW and Drexel- still waiting to hear back- my app was verified in the beginning of August.

Since you did a mission, make sure you include mission-based schools: Loma Linda, Creighton, SLU...

Great I will be sure to add Loma Linda and SLU- I already had Creighton and MCW- from the other thread tho it's looking a little rough though.

Ya Loyola is on the list- along with all the other Chicago schools. SIU is the only Illinois university I am not applying to.