Chances to the admission??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Revelde

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI folks.

I am kinda worried about getting in to dental schools..

I am hearing rumors that even 20s on DAT is no longer safe and a minimum of 3.7 GPA is needed to guarantee the admission in at least one school....

I don't knowwww... is it that serious?? the admission is getting that seriously competitive??? whether the rumor is just a rumor.. exaggerated.. or whatsoever. I am still anxious.

here are my numbers

BCP GPA 3.47
Science GPA 3.48
Non Science GPA 3.72
Overall GPA 3.60

DAT

AA 22
TS 21
PAT 19

Guess my chances....
I Just wannga get into any schoool.. NYU USC.. they are still my dream schools. no matter how people are saying about those schools..

Members don't see this ad.

Revelde said:
HI folks.

I am hearing rumors that even 20s on DAT is no longer safe and a minimum of 3.7 GPA is needed to guarantee the admission in at least one school....

I don't knowwww... is it that serious?? the admission is getting that seriously competitive??? whether the rumor is just a rumor.. exaggerated.. or whatsoever. I am still anxious.

here are my numbers

BCP GPA 3.47
Science GPA 3.48
Non Science GPA 3.72
Overall GPA 3.60

DAT

AA 22
TS 21
PAT 19

Guess my chances....
I Just wannga get into any schoool.. NYU USC.. they are still my dream schools. no matter how people are saying about those schools..

maybe you should stop listening to rumors and you wont be so worried? :cool:
do you need reassurance that you'll get in somewhere or are you just showing off your credentials?

Notoriousjae said:
maybe you should stop listening to rumors and you wont be so worried? :cool:
do you need reassurance that you'll get in somewhere or are you just showing off your credentials?

with those stats i'd be surprised if you DON'T get into a school. that is unless you bomb the interview...

Members don't see this ad :)
bionerd said:
with those stats i'd be surprised if you DON'T get into a school. that is unless you bomb the interview...
hey I think u r international?
are you?
saying u wanna get into usc or nyu with that stat?
if not please respect toeh
Guyz listen especially people with green card or more kekek

last year's international student got gpa like 3.7 and dat 20+ for an interview
below that is unacceptable.
My friend is reapplying who submitted last year may and had
3.65 and 20 on dat

ddsjymaeng said:
hey I think u r international?
are you?
saying u wanna get into usc or nyu with that stat?
if not please respect toeh
Guyz listen especially people with green card or more kekek

last year's international student got gpa like 3.7 and dat 20+ for an interview
below that is unacceptable.
My friend is reapplying who submitted last year may and had
3.65 and 20 on dat

I am not international.. I m a greencard holder.

well... what makes me worry is that it looks like there is a Bad mooood among the recent applicants...
A friend of mine..appplied last year, he had 3.6 GPA in one of the top public schools and 23 on DAT.
and... still got admission from NONE , not one single school.... DOOM
he did interviews.. but I don;t know what happened later.
He was US citizen though.

BTW. is your friend international?

Revelde said:
HI folks.

here are my numbers

BCP GPA 3.47
Science GPA 3.48
Non Science GPA 3.72
Overall GPA 3.60

DAT

AA 22
TS 21
PAT 19

Guess my chances....

I don't know about this whole international thing, but my stats were really similar to yours (3.5 cum 3.3 sci/ 22 aa,22 ts, 20 pat) and I got into to my second choice school--which I'm really happy about. I'm sure you'll be fine. I think bionerd is right - if you don't get in its not because of your numbers...but be sure to apply early. If not early, NOW!!! Good luck :)