Chances with application this cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

basketballfan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm going to apply this cycle and wanted a few input.

My cGPA is 3.63 and sGPA (AACOMAS: 3.52 and AMCAS: 3.45)
I haven't taken the MCAT yet but I'm planning to next month. So far my scores have been 23-28 so I guess the average is about 26. The only high score I got was from Kaplan FL 2.

I think I have good ECs with shadowing experiences and good LORs.

I'm planning to apply to both MD and DO schools. I'm attending Ohio State, but I don't know how that'll help my chances.

What do you guys think of my chances for this cycle??

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I'm going to apply this cycle and wanted a few input.

My cGPA is 3.63 and sGPA (AACOMAS: 3.52 and AMCAS: 3.45)
I haven't taken the MCAT yet but I'm planning to next month. So far my scores have been 23-28 so I guess the average is about 26. The only high score I got was from Kaplan FL 2.

I think I have good ECs with shadowing experiences and good LORs.

I'm planning to apply to both MD and DO schools. I'm attending Ohio State, but I don't know how that'll help my chances.

What do you guys think of my chances for this cycle??

Ok (but not great) GPA + Borderline/mediocre MCAT + Latish application = Reapplication (at least for MD)

You might want to just go DO this cycle or wait on everything so you can actually apply when you have all your ducks in a row.

Ok (but not great) GPA + Borderline/mediocre MCAT + Latish application = Reapplication (at least for MD)

You might want to just go DO this cycle or wait on everything so you can actually apply when you have all your ducks in a row.

Even with DO application, do I stand a good chance?