Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fleur64

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, my overall GPA is 3.68 science GPA is 3.55 and mcat of 30. I am a nj resident and have great extra curriculars. However I did take physics 1 and 2 and orgo 2 over the summer. Should I apply this cycle or take a year off? My advisor said to take a year off but I really do not want to do that

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, my overall GPA is 3.68 science GPA is 3.55 and mcat of 30. I am a nj resident and have great extra curriculars. However I did take physics 1 and 2 and orgo 2 over the summer. Should I apply this cycle or take a year off? My advisor said to take a year off but I really do not want to do that

What classes you have taken over summer do not matter as far as i'm aware. Decent stats for MD schools I would also apply DO, I would recommend having a gap year, or even 2 before starting medical school. Don't rush into it, enjoy yourself, get life experience, work and save up and travel a lot. Once you're in med school theres no turning back and its hard to vacation and thoroughly enjoy yourself. I know a few people who went straight in and they kind of regret the decision because they didn't get a chance to travel and enjoy themselves like the majority of the class.