Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
I am posting this to get feedback for my girlfriend - she doesn't have an account on here lol. She recently took the DAT and got the following scores:

AA: 22
TS: 22
GC: 20
OC: 23
BIO: 23
PA: 20
RC: 24
QR:21

What shot do you give her for getting into dental school? She has a 3.2 overall and 3.1 science GPA at Boston College (top 30 university). She is also a URM.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am posting this to get feedback for my girlfriend - she doesn't have an account on here lol. She recently took the DAT and got the following scores:

AA: 22
TS: 22
GC: 20
OC: 23
BIO: 23
PA: 20
RC: 24
QR:21

What shot do you give her for getting into dental school? She has a 3.2 overall and 3.1 science GPA at Boston College (top 30 university). She is also a URM.

Thanks!
Congratulations to your girlfriend, very nice DAT scores, but the 3.1 science gpa is damaging. She should contact schools before applying and give them her stats. It is not that she does not have a chance, it's just not all schools should be on her radar.

Hope that helps..

Nancy

Congratulations to your girlfriend, very nice DAT scores, but the 3.1 science gpa is damaging. She should contact schools before applying and give them her stats. It is not that she does not have a chance, it's just not all schools should be on her radar.

Hope that helps..

Nancy
Thanks for the response! Yeah she's going to apply broadly and target schools with lower admitted GPA's.

Reactions: 1 user
She should definitely apply broadly and realistically. With a low GPA she's more likely to be accepted at a private school vs a public school. I had a similar DAT with a slightly lower GPA and I was accepted to 3 schools. Out of the 17 schools I applied to I received 5 interview invites. Tell her to make a top notch personal statement to make her standout and she should receive some interview invites.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

She should definitely apply broadly and realistically. With a low GPA she's more likely to be accepted at a private school vs a public school. I had a similar DAT with a slightly lower GPA and I was accepted to 3 schools. Out of the 17 schools I applied to I received 5 interview invites. Tell her to make a top notch personal statement to make her standout and should receive some interview invites.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Excellent advice osker246, an excellent personal statement could make all the difference in the world!