Chapman university

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

g361

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone have thoughts on this program in CA?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to Chapman and was accepted, however there was some confusion regarding my physics series, apparently they require a calculus based physics series while mine was trigonometry based. I thought this was an absurd requirement considering medical schools dont even require calc based physics. Obviously I chose not to take another physics series and I will be attending a different physical therapy school this fall

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow thats really interesting. Especially since calc-based physics is intended more for engineer and physics majors. Who would have ever thought...?

Did they revise or updated that? Because I'm pretty sure that on the website it didn't say that general physics courses had to be calculus based last year. This sucks, because I just got done with all the physics requirements.

I applied to Chapman and was accepted, however there was some confusion regarding my physics series, apparently they require a calculus based physics series while mine was trigonometry based. I thought this was an absurd requirement considering medical schools dont even require calc based physics. Obviously I chose not to take another physics series and I will be attending a different physical therapy school this fall
Did they revise or updated that? Because I'm pretty sure that on the website it didn't say that general physics courses had to be calculus based last year. This sucks, because I just got done with all the physics requirements.

Well crap, I'm about to retake trig based physics at a local community college, and this is after the recommendation of an admissions advisor at Chapman...

Here's to hoping I get off some of these wait lists I'm currently on and end up dropping the class anyway. :xf:

i got into chapman this year and I took the regular physics classes...ie not calc based so you should be ok

The original post was two years old, so they could have changed their requirements. Either way, I think most PT programs don't care as long as you take some type of physics. To require calc-based physics would be unnecessary because you're not an engineer and will never use that in PT.