Program-Specific Info / Q's Chatham OTD 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xfutureOTDx

Reaction score
If I sent my GRE scores to Chatham already when I took the GRE, do I still need to upload it in Standardized Tests in OTCAS? Would they still consider me if I am one point before the "competitive score" for Chatham? Standardized tests are not my specialty but I believe my other stats make up for it.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you heard anything back from Chatham ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they contact you thru email or OTCAS ?

I received an interview invitation on 9/24. I submitted my app on 9/29. I don't think I can attend the interview due to financial reasons :/ I'm in California

I finally got invited for an interview today !!

Does anyone know any discounts rates for hotels by Chatham?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know any discounts rates for hotels by Chatham?
Good question. I don’t know of any. When I looked, the hotel rooms were all prices around 150-160. I am think about doing an Airbnb to save a little bit of money. I have a interview in North Carolina the day before so my weekend will be busy.

I have an interview too! What is everyone wearing? I know business casual probably but its such a range

I also received an interview invite. I’m still thinking about it since I’m from CA and ticket prices have gone up. Is anyone staying in a hotel or Airbnb?

Members don't see this ad :)
I also received an interview invite. I’m still thinking about it since I’m from CA and ticket prices have gone up. Is anyone staying in a hotel or Airbnb?
I am ! Airbnb is more affordable compared to the hotels in the area. My Airbnb costed about $100 & is about 15 minutes away from campus.

Hi everyone.
I (thankfully) decided to check my spam folder today and found two emails from Chatham regarding interviews this Saturday.
Just wanted to give you all a heads up. :)

Do you know the earliest we would hear back? And for anyone accepted, how were your stats? Thank you. I loved this school.

During my interview day they said for sure by December 15

Reactions: 1 users
During my interview they told us by 12/15 and we would have 3-4 weeks to secure our spot.
2/1 for the second round of admits/waitlist/denies.

Hi everyone! I just wanted to get some insight as to how your interview went and what types of questions they asked. Also was there a written portion? If so, what was the prompt?

Interviews were great! You got interviewed with 2 other applicants by a faculty member and an alumni. They asked typical questions like why Chatham, what OT, strengths + weaknesses, etc. There was also a 45 minute writing portion that all applicants did at the same time.

Hi everyone! I just wanted to get some insight as to how your interview went and what types of questions they asked. Also was there a written portion? If so, what was the prompt?
When is your interview?

I interviewed at this school and fell in love! I am hoping to be accepted. Honestly what helped me in the interview is that I researched typical questions that OT schools ask within an interview and they did for the most part!

Hello! I was just wondering if anyone heard about an acceptance yet? I know they said by 12/15 but I didn’t know if anyone got an answer yet. Also does anyone know if we hear from them either way or if we don’t get an acceptance now we have to wait for the next round??

I have not received any email from them either. I would assume that if you don't get a rejection email but other people have been accepted and you haven't, that you're still in the running? At least I know one other school that does it that way

So from the notes I took on interview day, I believe 12/15 is the day we find out for acceptances.
2/1 is the day for second round admits/waitlists/ denials.

I believe if we don’t get an acceptance on 12/15, we are still being considered until 2/1.

Awesome thanks! Was there a lot of people who attended the interview in November? I haven't heard back from Chatham in terms of interviews but I'm assuming there will be another round

I think they said there was 160 at the November interviews. I’m pretty sure they had one in December for a smaller group of people who were study abroad students or people in the military and couldn’t make the first one.

Just got accepted! Anyone else get an email/are you going to go there?

Reactions: 2 users
Just got accepted! I'm 95% sure I'm going. I also am from Pittsburgh and live very close by, so if anyone has questions I'd be glad to help!! :)

Hey! Just got accepted too. Yes I'm 95% sure I'm going and I'm definitely putting the deposit down. How about you?

Hi just got in also! I am coming from the West Coast and really loved it there! What is helping you make your decision? Kind of torn where to attend. Chatham has a great pass rate and good opportunities in the UPMC area.

Hi! I was accepted too! I think Chatham is unique because of the faculty and the experiences they offer.

The faculty was sooo nice and welcoming I loved that about Chatham. Also their cadaver lab open 24/7 and I liked the area around the school a lot. The only downfall for me is the ranking which I know should not matter but I have gotten into schools at the top of the rankings so it’s making my decision very hard!

The faculty was sooo nice and welcoming I loved that about Chatham. Also their cadaver lab open 24/7 and I liked the area around the school a lot. The only downfall for me is the ranking which I know should not matter but I have gotten into schools at the top of the rankings so it’s making my decision very hard!
I was accepted, too... yeah, the faculty members I had an interview with were soooo welcoming and nice! The campus looks safe and great- the only downside is the ranking, yeah. It shouldn't matter much, but I was accepted to U of Toledo, so I am having a hard time deciding where to go!

I was accepted, too... yeah, the faculty members I had an interview with were soooo welcoming and nice! The campus looks safe and great- the only downside is the ranking, yeah. It shouldn't matter much, but I was accepted to U of Toledo, so I am having a hard time deciding where to go!

I didn't apply to either school, but I'm from Cleveland and I absolutely love Pittsburgh and all it has to offer! In my opinion, there is much more to do there and seems safer to me than Toledo. And PGH is so pretty! Not that location or looks should be the biggest factor in your decision, but definitely something to consider. Best of luck!

I didn't apply to either school, but I'm from Cleveland and I absolutely love Pittsburgh and all it has to offer! In my opinion, there is much more to do there and seems safer to me than Toledo. And PGH is so pretty! Not that location or looks should be the biggest factor in your decision, but definitely something to consider. Best of luck!
Thank you for your insight :DD Safety is one of the biggest factor for me cause I am pretty sure I will be living off campus alone... Gotta decide soon and it's making my Christmas all anxious! lolz.

Anyone who is accepted and attending Chatham let me know, I'd love to chat with someone also going! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Just wondering if anyone has been accepted after being placed on the priority wait list!

Has anyone emailed about the waitlist?

I would love to know if someone has also! Would it bad to ask where we are on the list?
I emailed MJ a few days ago and she got back to me in a voicemail! The waitlist currently doesn't have much movement, but she said it will likely move in the next few months. I would definitely send her an email or give her a call about your place on the wait list! She told me I have a good chance of being offered a spot by late spring!

Hey guys! I don’t know if this helps but I was on the priority waitlist and MJ emailed me
on Friday and offered me a spot. She said I was the first one on the list so it looks like it’s about that time! I hope you guys get good news because I was so excited to hear from her. Good luck!! :)

Reactions: 3 users