Program-Specific Info / Q's Chatham OTD 2020-2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mimOT21

Reaction score
Hi! I figured I could make this thread to discuss the process for anyone else applying to Chatham's OTD program currently. Anyone hear anything back from them yet about interviews or any other information?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I also am waiting to hear back from Chatham. The email said they would start getting back to us like mid-september but I haven't seen anyone else on here who has heard back. Have you heard anything?

Hey! I also am waiting to hear back from Chatham. The email said they would start getting back to us like mid-september but I haven't seen anyone else on here who has heard back. Have you heard anything?

I haven't heard anything yet! I was getting worried since they did say mid-Sept but I also haven't seen anyone who has heard anything from them. It's more reassuring to know I'm in the same boat as someone else though!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I applied to Chatham back in August and still haven’t heard anything either. I was getting worried but I’m glad to see I’m not alone!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys! I received an interview invitation from Chatham on 10/9. I think they're only just now starting to send out invitations. I hope that helps.

Hi guys! I received an interview invitation from Chatham on 10/9. I think they're only just now starting to send out invitations. I hope that helps.
Yay, that's great! Thank you for letting us know, hopefully we hear something soon if they're just starting to reach out.

Hi! I applied on 10/1 and received an invitation on 10/12. I would assume they are started to send out invitations. Good luck!

Hi! I received an email on October 19 for an interview on Nov. 14. I hope this helps!

I received one recently as well! It took a while for me to hear back so be patient!

I just got an email this afternoon inviting me to interview!

Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow!

You too! Maybe we'll see each other during the interview haha!

Members don't see this ad :)
I really enjoyed the interview process. Hopefully everyone's went well! Now it's just the waiting game to hear back from them...

Hi everyone!
Jumping on this thread to see if anyone has heard back yet? I attended the interview on the 14th and anxiously waiting for an update.

Hi! The email I received after Interview Day stated that we should hear back on or before December 15th, though that could either be with an acceptance or a notice that they're still deciding, in which case we’ll receive a final decision in January. I probably wouldn't worry until closer to 12/15 (definitely easier said than done haha). Good luck!

I just received an acceptance letter via email from Chatham! Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 2 users
I also received an acceptance to Chatham this morning! Congrats to those who got in and good luck to everyone!

I also received my acceptance today! congrats to all! :)

I got an acceptance email this morning as well!! Congratulations to everyone :)

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to everyone that received an acceptance email! Has anyone received an email stating that their application was still under review? And that a decision won't be made until late January? Here's the exact email that I received-

On behalf of the graduate admission review committee, I want to thank you for attending our virtual OTD interview day. At this time your application remains under review, and you will receive your decision in late January at which time you will either be admitted or waitlisted to the program.

Your continued patience is appreciated, and I hope you and your family have a safe and enjoyable holiday season!

Congrats to everyone that received an acceptance email! Has anyone received an email stating that their application was still under review? And that a decision won't be made until late January? Here's the exact email that I received-

On behalf of the graduate admission review committee, I want to thank you for attending our virtual OTD interview day. At this time your application remains under review, and you will receive your decision in late January at which time you will either be admitted or waitlisted to the program.

Your continued patience is appreciated, and I hope you and your family have a safe and enjoyable holiday season!
I received the same email!! I don't know what this means since other students already got accepted...extremely nervous

I'm hoping it doesn't mean we're automatically waitlisted, and have to wait another month just to hear that.

I'm hoping it doesn't mean we're automatically waitlisted, and have to wait another month just to hear that.
I wonder if they sent any rejection letters out yet.. I'd definitely feel better about the email we've received if they have..

I wonder if they sent any rejection letters out yet.. I'd definitely feel better about the email we've received if they have..
I'm wondering the same. If all the spots were taken I thought we would've gotten an email saying we were waitlisted, so theres still hope! goodluck!!!

I'm wondering the same. If all the spots were taken I thought we would've gotten an email saying we were waitlisted, so theres still hope! goodluck!!!
I got the same email! I feel like we’re basically alternates right now haha! Like if they dont get enough people to put down a deposit/secure their seat by a certain date, then some of us will get in, or get waitlisted.

I got the same email! I feel like we’re basically alternates right now haha! Like if they dont get enough people to put down a deposit/secure their seat by a certain date, then some of us will get in, or get waitlisted.
Uggghhh this is annoying, I hate waiting this long!! Fingers crossed though, I’m wondering how many acceptances they sent out already

The thing I don’t understand is if we are on the waitlist why they just wouldn’t tell us off the bat bc it’s not like they’re getting anymore applications. Maybe they are still looking at all the apps and interviews

The thing I don’t understand is if we are on the waitlist why they just wouldn’t tell us off the bat bc it’s not like they’re getting anymore applications. Maybe they are still looking at all the apps and interviews
Yeah it’s definitely annoying having to wait! Guess we will get news in about a month! hopefully good news!

Did you make your decision where you wanna go yet?!
Yes I did! I got accepted into SRU's program in October and accepted it and ended up liking their program more than Chatham's. Good luck on everything!

Yes I did! I got accepted into SRU's program in October and accepted it and ended up liking their program more than Chatham's. Good luck on everything!
I was also thinking about going there but their deadline was nov30th for the deposit which was too early for me to decide :/ thank you & goodluck to you too!

I received my acceptance from Chatham and will be declining my spot as well. I just wanted to let you guys know and I wish you the best!! @otstudent22 and @MB_OT

Hi everyone! I just wanted to hop back on this thread to see if anyone else will be officially attending Chatham in the fall?

Hi everyone! I just wanted to hop back on this thread to see if anyone else will be officially attending Chatham in the fall?
I just received and acceptance today and will most likely be attending in the fall also!

Hi! I also got accepted today and will most likely be attending! We should create a facebook group or something to all get connected and start to figure out housing and such! So excited!

Hi! I also got accepted today and will most likely be attending! We should create a facebook group or something to all get connected and start to figure out housing and such! So excited!
I agree!

Hi everyone! Has anyone not heard back yet?? I haven't received any emails or updates on my admissions..

Hi everyone! Has anyone not heard back yet?? I haven't received any emails or updates on my admissions..
If I were you I would contact MJ to ask. She said that they will have the full class of 40 established mid February so they may still be making decisions. Best of luck!