chemistry book recommendation needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alakipalaki

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been out of school for a long time. I don't remember anything about chemistry at all. I am looking for some easy books to get me ready for general and organic chemistry.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

For organic, definitely go with Wade- amazing!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ask your future professors of these courses about this, if you can get a hold of their email addresses. This is what I always did before taking classes I knew would challenge me. It always worked, and it doesn't hurt to be on the professor's good side and introduce yourself. Just don't tell your friends or they'll know you're a brown noser. ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Are you taking gen chem/organic at the same time? If so, that's honestly a bad idea. They say that gen chem isn't necessary for orgo but it is.. you need a solid foundation in valence, structure, etc to succeed in understanding the basics of orgo.

But, assuming you are not taking them at the same time, it may be helpful to get a copy of your professor's syllabus and start going over some of the suggested problems. However, it isn't necessary.. if you keep up when the course starts you should be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
Huh...

Just show up and feel it out.

Thank you. It's been so long since I had to do anything with chemistry that I can't just "show up and fill it out."

Also I do know that it's a bad idea to take gen and organic together but I have to. Anyways, looking forward to seeing more responses here.

I second Wade for Organic, I'm staring at it right now. :) Klein (As a Second Language) is almost a must, and his textbook is good too.

Reactions: 1 users