Class Attendance policies are a joke.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Private MD schools like their known feeder schools, which will I clue the more prestigious schools. But I belive that if you do well no matter where you are, you'll be a competitive candidate.

Olur.
Iowa State University gidiyorum...........

May I ask why you place so much importance on what school one attends? I'm aware you're looking into transferring from your current university into another one based on, from what I've taken away, the prestige of the university being slightly higher. I recall at least one user warning you that your GPA may take a hit if you transfer (can't recall why) and you'd essentially be a freshman all over again.... have to make new friends, learn campus (favorite study spots), etc.

Me personally I had the choice of going to several universities (Drake w/ 50% scholarship, U of I, several others) but I chose the cheapest in-state option because it doesn't matter to a great extent. Many people from surrounding states attend this university due to cost and have successfully made it into med school. Also, I ended up majoring in a Liberal Arts and Sciences degree (a BA over a BS as ISU doesn't offer a BS in Biology). It doesn't matter even for non-Med School reasons.

The University of Iowa is a slightly better school, slightly more expensive, but not to the extent I was going to pack my things up and go there.

I think @Goro, @LizzyM, can add to that.

Furthermore, you can use either library and some other resources if you're living near both universities (if that's important to you). I've even studied at a local community college library before because I was near it, nobody kicked me out because I was a university student.

Also, you should look into this if you haven't already.
Turkish Graduate Student Association at UB (don't have to be a grad student to attend)
http://gsa.buffalo.edu/turkish/index.html

Talk to them and I believe they can help you more than you realize, w/ many things networking (shadowing doctors, volunteering, so forth), finding new friends, deciding on what school in Buffalo to attend, etc.

iyi sanslar ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Olur.
Iowa State University gidiyorum...........

May I ask why you place so much importance on what school one attends? I'm aware you're looking into transferring from your current university into another one based on, from what I've taken away, the prestige of the university being slightly higher. I recall at least one user warning you that your GPA may take a hit if you transfer (can't recall why) and you'd essentially be a freshman all over again.... have to make new friends, learn campus (favorite study spots), etc.

Me personally I had the choice of going to several universities (Drake w/ 50% scholarship, U of I, several others) but I chose the cheapest in-state option because it doesn't matter to a great extent. Many people from surrounding states attend this university due to cost and have successfully made it into med school. Also, I ended up majoring in a Liberal Arts and Sciences degree (a BA over a BS as ISU doesn't offer a BS in Biology). It doesn't matter even for non-Med School reasons.

The University of Iowa is a slightly better school, slightly more expensive, but not to the extent I was going to pack my things up and go there.

I think @Goro, @LizzyM, can add to that.

Furthermore, you can use either library and some other resources if you're living near both universities (if that's important to you). I've even studied at a local community college library before because I was near it, nobody kicked me out because I was a university student.

Also, you should look into this if you haven't already.
Turkish Graduate Student Association at UB (don't have to be a grad student to attend)
http://gsa.buffalo.edu/turkish/index.html

Talk to them and I believe they can help you more than you realize, w/ many things networking (shadowing doctors, volunteering, so forth), finding new friends, deciding on what school in Buffalo to attend, etc.

iyi sanslar ;)

Oyle sordim, kizman icin degil :(

Evimden biraz uzak. Cok da Kar var burda. Sana msg atsam daha kolay olur.