Class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NoStress

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello again!

If you've been accepted to pod school and have decided where to go, please share here! I hope we can start new friendships with future colleagues soon.

Personally, I will be starting at WesternU next fall. I look forward to hearing from everyone else. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats, guys!

I'm glad this thread didn't die. :laugh:

Hey guys, congrats on getting in! So, I also have been accepted to WesternU and am pretty sure I want to go....but want to make the best decision. What were the "pro's" for deciding the school that you did? ex: nice anatomy lab, small classes, great professors, close to home...

(no need to mention the cons... they are just biased opinions anyway):)

I was deciding between NYCPM and Scholl. I am choosing Scholl for a couple of reasons. The program is reputable and also the campus is pretty isolated limiting distraction for myself. But above all else, I feel like the faculty and staff were all very warm and inviting. The students really spoke highly of the inviting atmosphere that the professors strive to create.

Hey guys, congrats on getting in! So, I also have been accepted to WesternU and am pretty sure I want to go....but want to make the best decision. What were the "pro's" for deciding the school that you did? ex: nice anatomy lab, small classes, great professors, close to home...

(no need to mention the cons... they are just biased opinions anyway):)

Congrats to those who are planning on attending Scholl next year! You made a great decision! I absolutely love it here! I have a suggestion... A member of my class made a facebook group just for the class of 2015. Perhaps it might be helpful for someone to make one for your class. It was great for meeting people prior to classes starting and even figuring out a roommate. It is still useful now as we share information pertaining to the numerous exams we have encountered thus far and I am sure it will continue to be of great help! Once again congratulations and goodluck! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. :thumbup:

Congrats to those who are planning on attending Scholl next year! You made a great decision! I absolutely love it here! I have a suggestion... A member of my class made a facebook group just for the class of 2015. Perhaps it might be helpful for someone to make one for your class. It was great for meeting people prior to classes starting and even figuring out a roommate. It is still useful now as we share information pertaining to the numerous exams we have encountered thus far and I am sure it will continue to be of great help! Once again congratulations and goodluck! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. :thumbup:

Great idea! I just created a group really quick. Hopefully this link and group works. http://www.facebook.com/groups/224637397598738/

Torn between NYCPM and BUSPM...any views?

Torn between NYCPM and BUSPM...any views?

I think you are the only one who can answer this question. Just make sure that the school is right for you.

Personally, I would choose NYCPM just because it's close to my home and I enjoy NYC living with it's seasons. I was also a little more impressed with the current students opinion on the school compared to Barry. Barry does offer a bigger campus, and a different atmosphere, but again choose the school you feel comfortable with.

Members don't see this ad :)
NYCPM for me! I was really impressed by their clinic. In 15 minutes, I already saw a couple things I've never seen before. Faculty told me that NYCPM students come back and say even in residency, they don't see things that they saw as students in NYCPM's clinic. I just had a really good experience when I visited NYCPM :)

DMU! Any other cornlanders coming to Des Moines next year? I don't think I've seen any on here yet...? :D

DMU! It was tough choosing between DMU and Scholl but i'm confident in my decision and the seat deposit has been made!

Hi there,

I've recently turned in my application to AACPM and my pre-health committee evaluation should be at the schools sometime next week. Can anyone tell me how long they had to wait to hear back from their schools?

I applied to NYCPM, OCPM, Scholl and Temple. I've heard back from NYCPM and I have an interview already scheduled... Any answers on the other 3 schools? Thanks!

I applied to the same schools. OCPM was the first to respond after NY. OCPM recieved my application and offered me a interview the same week. Scholl did not offer em an interview, they said that they want letters of rec first. Temple took a little over a week.

Did you get the interview offers all via email?

I have to decline an acceptance. Thoughts on whether to call or email?

I have to decline an acceptance. Thoughts on whether to call or email?

Neither. You send a text saying "We need to talk...." Then you don't pick up when she calls back :thumbup:

.... Wait we're talking about schools here? In that case it doesn't matter.

What percentage of the interviews take place in the spring, as opposed to the fall? I also wonder what percentage of classes are filled at this point?

I feel like there is going to be a lot of action in the spring after DDS and DO rejections....anyone know how this works?

I'm one of the tour guides at Scholl and usually we don't fill our incoming class up until the late Spring. Although common sense tells you to apply early A LOT of students end up applying around Spring and gain acceptances at that time. I can't comment on whether students apply around this time because of rejections from DDS/DO/MD schools though because I simply do not know.

This also has to do with Scholl's class size too. Being that their incoming classes are some of the largest out of the other podiatry schools it makes sense that they are one of the slowest to fill up. Last year Scholl's 2015 class started filling up quickly around Spring.

What months are talking about when you mention "Spring", I assume there will be a big influx of acceptance the first week of March when schools receive the January MCAT scores.

What months are talking about when you mention "Spring", I assume there will be a big influx of acceptance the first week of March when schools receive the January MCAT scores.

If you took January MCAT, you'd get your scores at the end of February and therefore be interviewing in March for schools that require the MCAT before interviews. So, acceptances mid-to-late March at the earliest.

I think the majority of applicants in the spring though, are those who did not get into DO, so that makes sense that it's late Spring/early Summer

BARRY !!!!!!!!! Can't wait for some Miami Heat and some sunshine! Did I mention the beaches? Or the fact that they have one of the smallest class sizes of all the podiatry schools? Or that they offer the most in scholarship money to students (at least for me) ?

For all those that interview and accepted at OCPM, how were you notify of your acceptance? Anyone got a condition acceptance pending MCAT scores?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Hey everyone so excited to become a podiatrist. My applications are in and I am waiting to hear back.
Here are my stats. Do you think I will get in. (No MCAT yet because I took it on Jan 27, 2011)
Science GPA : 3.23
NonScience GPA : 3.97
Cum GPA 3.58

Very strong recc. letters. Lots of shadowing hours and a letter from a podiatrist.
They are waiting for my MCAT score but I am anxious that the seats are going to fill and there will be no room for me.

here is where i applied
TUSPM
NYCPM

any thoughts??

For all those that interview and accepted at OCPM, how were you notify of your acceptance? Anyone got a condition acceptance pending MCAT scores?

email and snail mail. Yes

I didnt bother to interview in Oakland. Even if they gave me a 50% scholarship that still wouldn't make up for the high cost of living in that area.

If you got a scholarship thats more than half tuition then that would be more than Scholl gives out to 10 academically strong students in the beginning of both the P1 and P2 years. If not then I think you are mistaken.

Got accepted back in November but never got around to doing Student Doctor.

Temple class of 2016!

Western for me too!

join the FB page bronco