Class Of 2018!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc of the Walk

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my fellow 2018-ers, we have just finished our first year of ugrad. Here is to the next two years before we apply! (Unless you are planning to wait a year or so).

Just think, this time next year is when we have to start preparing for our MCATS and getting our last EC's!

P.s. I know this is somewhat early, and the 2017 hasn't even been formed. So if you all (the SDN community) feel this is too early, just let the thread die.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
awkward%20turtle.jpg

So my fellow 2018-ers, we have just finished our first year of ugrad. Here is to the next two years before we apply! (Unless you are planning to wait a year or so).

Just think, this time next year is when we have to start preparing for our MCATS and getting our last EC's!

P.s. I know this is somewhat early, and the 2017 hasn't even been formed. So if you all (the SDN community) feel this is too early, just let the thread die.

*looks at OP's MDApps profile*

*sees GPA and BCPM GPA*

*Looks at thread title*

:whoa:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, I thought there was a rule against it if you're more than a cycle away.

Figured I'd +pad+ though.

I'm going to take this time to post a random pic.

4toHJ.jpg

Haha maybe swiss medical will show up soon so he can start a class of 2019 thread... so it can be :lock:

Members don't see this ad :)
Word of advice: Come back here in 2 years when SDN will actually be relevant for you. Enjoy your undergrad years now while you can.

And hey I like Swiss Medical. He's a cool mo fo.

Lol, I love how the majority of people posting in this thread are not in the class of 2018 (myself included) :p

Word of advice: Come back here in 2 years when SDN will actually be relevant for you. Enjoy your undergrad years now while you can.

so a pre med forum is only relevant when your about to apply? that doesn't seem right.

In time the front page of the pre-allo forum will be devoid of everything except for c/o ???? threads.

so a pre med forum is only relevant when your about to apply? that doesn't seem right.

You're just going to have to trust me on this one. Enjoy your undergrad years now while you have the chance and don't go on SDN frequently. K?

Not to be taken personally, but I was pretty irritated when people said this regarding the c/o 2016 thread.

ITP (in this post): Assuming everyone's a traditional, apply-after-junior-year applicant

In time the front page of the pre-allo forum will be devoid of everything except for c/o ???? threads.

If it gets out of hand all that's needed is a new sub-forum. It would probably make sense to do that now (mods u readin this?? :cool: )

You're just going to have to trust me on this one. Enjoy your undergrad years now while you have the chance and don't go on SDN frequently. K?

If your saying don't get consumed by this website because it will add to your obsession over getting into medical school, I agree...BUT this website is great for future planning and saying that a website will somehow lead to not "enjoying undergrad" seems pretty silly as it is a source of valuable information that can be very helpful when trying to give yourself every opportunity to accomplish your goals.

I figured this would happen. Good think my armor is flame ******ent haha

Disagree. Now is the best time to read it so you can learn the game. Reading it at application time is too late. That's when I think it's best to stay away from all the neurotic/stressed/paranoid people that will get you off your game. By that point, what's done is done and you're going to have to rock the app you got.

Disagree. Now is the best time to read it so you can learn the game. Reading it at application time is too late. That's when I think it's best to stay away from all the neurotic/stressed/paranoid people that will get you off your game. By that point, what's done is done and you're going to have to rock the app you got.

I'm not sure what exactly you learn on here that you couldn't learn from your premed advisor or google (in terms of what EC's you should have and what grades).

And I don't know why you wouldn't go on SDN during the application cycle. SDN certainly helped me when I read the school specific threads especially when the med students from those schools help answer questions and the interview feedback on here has probably helped out the most.

Forever the second post on this thread. [EDIT: And the 12th now] I love it cliffhuxtable

awkward%20turtle.jpg

Dudes got served.

And post #42.

Not to be taken personally, but I was pretty irritated when people said this regarding the c/o 2016 thread.

ITP (in this post): Assuming everyone's a traditional, apply-after-junior-year applicant

In my case I will be part of c/o 2018 if all goes to plan. But that is only because I graduate next year and will do a two year long post-bacc.

I just realize that I will be older than all the traditional pre-meds applying right after their junior years. I'll be 25 when we start and they will be 22-23. Not that many years in numbers, but quite a bit in terms of maturity.

QFT

I sort of agree with this. I've been reading SDN here and there since I was a freshman (going into junior year now), and I think it's given me good ideas on how to prepare for what's down the pipes. Also, does 2017 even have a thread yet? To make another gunner pun, you're jumping the gun a bit. ;)

you guys are violating the sdn commandments

I say let the youngins have their thread. In less than two months, I won't be a "pre-med" anymore, and I don't feel that title is worth protecting with qualifications to join.

Class threads for everyone! :D

Everyone's messing up my word meme in their pics.

booooooooo.
:p