Class of 2022 Profile

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

de Ribas

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not sure about other schools, but DMUs DPM class of 2022 stats went up.

Despite rumors of apps being down, class is full.

cGPA 3.45
sGPA 3.33

MCAT 495

Would be interesting to see how averages at other schools have changed.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Doesnt surprise me that DMU is full, their tuition combined with cost of living makes it worth going to. If someone is frugal, they could prolly get by with 50K/year for 4 years, which is close to 50K cheaper than other pod schools.

The GPA stats are looking decent, so it's definitely good to see that those stats are trending upwards. MCAT scores could use a bit of a boost, but that will be a slow process as podiatry (hopefully) gains increased interest over time among pre-health students.

DMU is usually above the average in terms of competition as well among the schools, but this is approaching where the DO schools were GPA-wise a few years back. I'm not sure where the other schools stand, but hopefully they're also seeing an upwards trend.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The gpa for the DO school in my state is 3.4, 3.0s with a 499 average Mcat. Already higher gpa, only lower mcat.
The GPA stats are looking decent, so it's definitely good to see that those stats are trending upwards. MCAT scores could use a bit of a boost, but that will be a slow process as podiatry (hopefully) gains increased interest over time among pre-health students.

DMU is usually above the average in terms of competition as well among the schools, but this is approaching where the DO schools were GPA-wise a few years back. I'm not sure where the other schools stand, but hopefully they're also seeing an upwards trend.

AZPOD is even better with cGPA. Their website states 3.52GPA. I am not sure about sGPA. But these 2 schools have pretty good cGPAs.

After knowing podiatry students from various schools, I really don't think one school is much better than the other. The same people seem to interview at every school and choose their school based on their preferences.

I think podiatry tiers are almost illusions. I haven't seen many, if any, cases where a student was like "I interviewed at Barry, but wasn't good enough to interview at DMU". Usually if you can interview at one pod school, you can interview at just about all of them.

Reactions: 2 users
The best Podiatry school is the cheapest one after 4 years of non dischargeable student loan debt.

After knowing podiatry students from various schools, I really don't think one school is much better than the other. The same people seem to interview at every school and choose their school based on their preferences.

I think podiatry tiers are almost illusions. I haven't seen many, if any, cases where a student was like "I interviewed at Barry, but wasn't good enough to interview at DMU". Usually if you can interview at one pod school, you can interview at just about all of them.

The best Podiatry school is the cheapest one after 4 years of non dischargeable student loan debt.

No one knows exactly how much they will make coming out, but your choice of state and location of practice are far more meaningful than what school you went to in terms of overall money. You can go to the cheapest pod. school and spend money needlessly, and then go practice in California making 100k a year.

Or you could go to a more expensive pod. school and be frugal with your money, and then practice in a state where pods. average 200k+ a year.

So the moral of the story is: make smart choices.

No one knows exactly how much they will make coming out, but your choice of state and location of practice are far more meaningful than what school you went to in terms of overall money. You can go to the cheapest pod. school and spend money needlessly, and then go practice in California making 100k a year.

Or you could go to a more expensive pod. school and be frugal with your money, and then practice in a state where pods. average 200k+ a year.

So the moral of the story is: make smart choices.

Pretty much. No one is forcing medical school students to be the most money savvy people on the planet.

It still dumbfounds me how some of the smartest students academically are so horrendous financially.

You dont understand, I need an expensive car right out of residency. I dont know how I could live without one (sarcasm)

Pretty much. No one is forcing medical school students to be the most money savvy people on the planet.

It still dumbfounds me how some of the smartest students academically are so horrendous financially.

You dont understand, I need an expensive car right out of residency. I dont know how I could live without one (sarcasm)

Why not buy a 400k house and have a couple kids and a wife that doesnt work? After all, this orthodontist only bought a "one-time luxury Mercedes" (his words).

One million dollars in debt, yet he worked so hard (sarcasm) on incorporating the best frugal financial decisions.

Mike Meru Has $1 Million in Student Loans. How Did That Happen?