Class requirements help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Starvin Marvin

Registered User & Abuser
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I realize I'm a bit late to be thinking about this, but I was hoping for some input anyways. Does anyone know whether it is possible to take prereq's for med school next summer after I have graduated and before I matriculate? For instance, Keck wants 30 hours of humanities, and I may only be able to accumulate 28 by the time I graduate in May, and that's by taking over 20 hours next semester. I should have taken these earlier, but I've taken a full load every semester so far, so I really haven't had the time. My plan is to just worry about graduating and then I can still take those humanities classes in the summer if I end up with what I think is a good shot at attending that school. That way I don't waste my time on them if I don't get in. Good idea?

Members don't see this ad.

Starvin Marvin said:
So I realize I'm a bit late to be thinking about this, but I was hoping for some input anyways. Does anyone know whether it is possible to take prereq's for med school next summer after I have graduated and before I matriculate? For instance, Keck wants 30 hours of humanities, and I may only be able to accumulate 28 by the time I graduate in May, and that's by taking over 20 hours next semester. I should have taken these earlier, but I've taken a full load every semester so far, so I really haven't had the time. My plan is to just worry about graduating and then I can still take those humanities classes in the summer if I end up with what I think is a good shot at attending that school. That way I don't waste my time on them if I don't get in. Good idea?

I believe that you are able to do them that summer just as long as they are done by the time that you matriculate. Have you tried emailing any of the schools?