class size

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meats

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are class sizes for Scholl, temple, and Ohio...just curious
thanks and happy holidays!:hardy:

Members don't see this ad.

What are class sizes for Scholl, temple, and Ohio...just curious
thanks and happy holidays!:hardy:

I think when Scholl first started this year we had 113, then 108, and right now I think we might have 107.

Ohio said that they were looking to fill about 120 spots this year, Happy Holidays to you as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
NYCPM usually starts about between 85-95 but end up with about between 80-90. There are always students who dont take school seriously.

NYCPM usually starts about between 85-95 but end up with about between 80-90. There are always students who dont take school seriously.

Is this completely true for recent years? I understand there were more who leave or decelerate. Maybe Krabmas can help us out.

I'm sorry, but I'm calling total BS on this.^
The attrition rate for NYCPM, or any pod school, is significantly higher than 6 or 8% in most years.

You are a first year student, so you really cannot be speaking about clinical experiences when you have never seen a single patient, citing the % of matriculants who will go on to graduate, etc as if your word is fact. You can (and should) say "I have been told X by upperclassmen," and it is a moderated forum. Still, you should still try to make sure that what you post and stats you cite are correct to the best of your knowledge.

I think he/she has only been in school for 1 year (January class at NYCPM). I honestly would take some of the info with a grain of salt, especially coming from someone who has not been in school for so long.

I think my class started in the upper 80's and we graduated with 69 or 68.

Every class is different for attrition.

The attrition rate is sort of like board scores. If you pass or fail - your stats are 100%. 1 person passed out of 1 or 1 person failed out of 1. So the sam goes for attrition. Either you stay or go.

It is not the school's job to keep you there. They gave you an oppurtunity by accepting you at that point it is your turn to work and stay in.