Classic bad GPA post, what should I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Paper2627

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 2.8 gpa right now, will probably get up to 2.9 after this semester (last semester and hopefully this one above 3.7). My sGPA isn't so great, probably around 2.5. I have been studying for the DAT for a while now and am confident (or at least hope) that I will get around a 23 on it. For my EC I have gone on two dental brigade trips abroad (one of which I had a role as the fundraising chair), well more than 100+ hours of shadowing, VP of pre-dental society for 2 years and have been a member for three years, and some community service.

I really don't have much hope of getting into many, if any, dental schools besides maybe Howard University because of my low sGPA and under 3.0 cumulative. I am wondering if these stats are good enough to get into any post-baccs? I am specifically looking at Rutgers BMS program but I'm not sure of other programs are good/which I have a chance at getting into with my stats (assuming a 23 DAT).

Members don't see this ad.

Apply to a few post-bacc's. Kill it. Apply. If you get that 23 you'll be in a good position.

You can either do an informal postbacc, a formal postbacc, a BMS program, or just apply to a bunch of school and chance it. You have options, just gotta go and do it. You should still apply to Howard and Meharry.

I recommend a Biomedical Sciences masters program