Clinical Grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Newt23

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How high do you guys have to score on the Shelf to get a HP? H?

At our school we have to get an 80 raw score for HP and 87 for H…I am struggling along with 2 P and 1 HP. It seems pretty strict to me, but I wanted to get a sense from you guys how your school does it

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah my school uses percentiles, which I think is the fair way to do it. I just took my surgery shelf, and having medicine before it made a huge difference. I imagine the average raw score for my group compared to the kids that took surgery first thing of 3rd year is quite a bit higher, and so adjustments should be made to reflect that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It should be hard to get honors especially since third year counts the most. Then it will be a good reflection of your abilities and effort. What would be the point in giving everyone honors? No need for participation prizes

At my school you have to score 90th percentile or higher and get recommended for honors by your attending.

My school has different requirements for each shelf. Generally its 75-80 for HP and 80-85 for honors depending on the shelf.

need a cut-off score on shelf + honors clinical evaluations.