Clinical rotations on the DO side

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JimmyB123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone advise me on what factors to look at when assessing clinical rotations (i'm picking a school to attend) and what resources there are availble to make these assessments?

Also, does anyone have an idea of which DO schools are known to have the stronger rotations? (I value ward based rotations in populated areas)

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Every school will have positives and negatives. The important thing at the end of the day is student satisfaction and what their match list looks like. Talk to students at the school or ask students on here to comment on their experiences.

or you can just go to lecom, set up all your own rotations, and pick what you think is best from all the other schools

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone advise me on what factors to look at when assessing clinical rotations (i'm picking a school to attend) and what resources there are availble to make these assessments?

Also, does anyone have an idea of which DO schools are known to have the stronger rotations? (I value ward based rotations in populated areas)

Thanks
Typically the schools that are closer to metropolitan areas will have "better" rotations because of the number of patients available, complexity of problems, and increased number of rare cases. Most of the more well established teaching institutions are in major cities. Thus, if you're trying to select a school primarily for the rotations, go for the bigger city and a school that rotates at the "better" hospitals.

Reactions: 1 user