CME Live Conferences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lespedeza

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I have attended the Scientific Assembly in the past (which is great), but was wondering if any of you folks would know of other high quality conferences. I joined as new faculty at a program, and the more senior faculty are attending this year, and too many of us can't be out at once.

I've browsed through the AAFP sponsored courses, and not too many of them caught my eye.

I'm thinking about attending one of those "Dermatology for the non-Dermatologist" type conferences, but there are a few floating around, and not quite sure which organization/sponsor to go with. I'm lucky enough that I get a few thousand dollars for CME each year, and I'd like to make good use of it!

Members don't see this ad.

It's my duty to warn all to stay far far away from American Medical Forum. My God, that was awful. Unless you are just paying for the CME and will bring a book or so ething else to occupy your time don't do it. I went to Chicago and they had far too many people in a single room, not enough tables or seats and the material was nothing new.

I have really enjoyed the Symposia Medicus conferences. They don't have a ton of CME attached and are quite expensive, but tend to be destination CME so you'll get a bit of vacation. They are small enough that you can have genuine conversations and education with the speakers and other participants. The material is current and new.

Reactions: 1 users
I went to the ACSM Team Physician course and it was high quality with very good hands on sessions. While it was a "team physician" course there were many non-physicians there (PA, PT, etc) so some of the lectures didn't always apply to what I do in clinic. I would still like to do the other half of the team physician course but with my future live conferences I'll probably go back to the AAFP Assembly (now the Family Medicine Experience).

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the tips. I will definitely look into the conferences by Symposia Medicus.