CNN Article on Nontrads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Having already worked as a military physician assistant, he decided to pursue an M.D.
Good to know PNWU, an Osteopathic school, offers M.D.'s now.

I'm probably going to come off a bit cruel here, but this guy was already a PA in the military. Putting his family through the stress and debt of Med School at that age doesn't sound reasonable to me. But who am I to judge, right? Hope it works out for him.

Good to know PNWU, an Osteopathic school, offers M.D.'s now.

I'm probably going to come off a bit cruel here, but this guy was already a PA in the military. Putting his family through the stress and debt of Med School at that age doesn't sound reasonable to me. But who am I to judge, right? Hope it works out for him.

I think as long as the family decides as a whole that its worth it, then that's all that matters

Plus, you've got to admit, it's probably a lot less stress on the family than him serving in war zones...

"His wife, a pediatrician, supported his decision"
"...and sits with classmates who are old enough to be his kids" ... I think this should read young enough.

Sounds to me like he has the time and luxury to pursue his dream; children grown and a spouse who has been through medical school and holds a good job; he is in a very good position to go for it.

Uh oh...they're on to us!

Uh oh...they're on to us!

Yeah, that was my response.

I went to my undergrad's "accepted students" day on Saturday and many of my classmates were well over 30. Several of us have grown children. I'm still the geezer of the class, but I have several competitors. Ok State is obviously VERY non-trad friendly.