College course schedule?

brinkleyw

Reaction score
So I’m a senior in highschool and I’ll be graduating this year with my associates degree from a university. I will have all of my generals done.

I’m curious on your opinions. For college, I was planning on doing the following for my science and re reqs:
1st year: gen chem and physics
2cd year: O-chem
3rd year: biology 2020 (I already did 1610&1612) and then biochemistry
4th year: MAP

I’m hoping to be done with my prerequisites by third year. Is this too ambitious? Any recommendations of what to change?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't take physics with calculous unless that is now required for med school. It'll sink you.
Don't load up your schedule to impress people with a heavy and hard workload. You need A's in your pre-reqs - that impresses.

Reactions: 1 user
You do need to look up your in-state school for example just to make sure you aren't missing anything because schools are different. Pick the top few you'd think of applying to and just make sure they don't absolutely require SOC100 or psych 101.

You might should still take those at some point to help your MCAT but that's a different story.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are those courses going to transfer towards a science degree? Have you met with your prehealth advisors at the undergrad program you will enter? Any APs to worry about?

Are those courses going to transfer towards a science degree? Have you met with your prehealth advisors at the undergrad program you will enter? Any APs to worry about?

They will just transfer to my generals. My AP classes only knock out the introductory courses so I can skip those and go straight to the pre reqs

You do need to look up your in-state school for example just to make sure you aren't missing anything because schools are different. Pick the top few you'd think of applying to and just make sure they don't absolutely require SOC100 or psych 101.

You might should still take those at some point to help your MCAT but that's a different story.

I will be majoring in criminology and so I will have to take sociology. I already have my psych credits.

The main ones I’m applying to all have the same prereqs

Don't take physics with calculous unless that is now required for med school. It'll sink you.
Don't load up your schedule to impress people with a heavy and hard workload. You need A's in your pre-reqs - that impresses.

Definitely not planning to take physics and calculus. I suck at math as it is . I was wondering if I should do chemistry and physics

I suppose many will do both together. Make the non essential load and other courses fairly easy. Goal is straight A's.
Know when you can drop a class without penalty.