College housing/entrance

valasuna

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just have one main question that i hope somebody can answer for me?
I guess a little info would help. I am about to become a Junior in high school and the way things look now I will be able to get well past the required credits to place out of freshman year and possibly receive my AA at a local community college before I enter a university. Well my problem is that I am sorta depending on the first year freshman guaranteed housing that is offered at almost all of my target universities.
However, I am worried that my amount of credit hours would make me ineligible for the freshman housing seeing as I am going to technically come in as either a sophomoric or junior.
So um yea.......
I am pretty sure that I am not the only person who has faced or is facing this issue now. Any help would be well appreciated. So yea hopefully thanks....:help:

P.S.
I apologize for this mini wall of text.
I tried to make it less wally.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think i understand your question completely. Just apply for housing when the time comes. the institution i go to its on a first come first serve basis. So i would suggest looking into the housing policies for your institution.

valasuna,

I'm a dual enrollment student and I had the same question as you. I will earn my AA before I graduate high school and I'm an oncoming senior right now. I realized that I wouldn't be considered a freshman at most of the schools I applied to so I called around and asked. You can call or search around their website about who is considered a freshy or transfer student with regards to dual enrollment. I live in Florida and I know that UF will accept me as a freshman my first time applying there.

Thank your for the responses.:D
Undecided94 the UF was also one of my target schools. Due to weird circumstances I am a resident of both Florida and California. Anyways on topic,I guess I will have to call around I was trying to avoid this on the basis that it might sound too presumptuous as if saying I know you are going to take me.
So once again thank you for your time.