Color Vision

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chb64

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm really struggling with the Color Vision course at my school, and was wondering if anyone knows of any good resources (books, review articles, websites) that deal with this subject matter? Most of what I've found was pretty general and didn't go into depth enough.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Consult your instructor or read your syllabus to see what supplemental materials are recommended. The science behind color vision can be either incredibly general that a clinician needs to be aware (testing methods, prevalence, disorder types and causes) or very specific vision science (ICVS-heavy phd sensory stuff). The clinical basics is what you need to succeed in the office and on NBEO, but for your class, the instructor may have different outlook. I know my color vision course was supposedly dumb-downed when a vision scientist phd retired and a faculty optometrist took over the course. Talk to your instructor.

Craig Blackwell, MD has a whole series on this subject, and another on color blindness. They are great videos. I posted the link for part one. Just look on his channel for the other videos.

Thanks for the replies! I actually stumbled upon those youtube vids sometime ago and found them very helpful but thanks for posting!