Colorado pathology program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beary

Pancytopenic
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What have you heard about the Colorado pathology program?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

All I really know is that they are in the process of moving to a different location that is several miles away, so you have to take a shuttle between the two sites.

I've also heard that. That seems to be a drawback. I heard a couple of negative things about it from residents at my home program, but couldn't get them to go into specifics...i.e. they said the people were "weird" and that there were FMGs...hmm...needless to say I'm holding out to form my own opinion. Denver is a beautiful city!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in Denver now and interview tomorrow. I will give you details on monday or sooner if I can finda place to plug in my laptop.

After interviewing today I came away with the following impression.

Colorado is a solid program with good coverage of AP and CP. The health science center is in transition currently. They are building a new hospital and in the process of moving. There is the "old" campus that is near downtown and the new campus about 6 miles east. The department does work at both areas, but residents are assigned to one at a time. The residents state that they do not have to routinely travel between facilities. There is a shuttle that connects the two hospitals if necessary.

some points. . . .
Good amount of time to review slides before sign out.

Only fellowship there is surgical path. (less people to go through for cases)

About 70% of graduates go into private practice.

Residents that I talked to were happy.

They interview approx 5 people per interview day.

I enjoyed my interview day and left with a very favorable impression.