Colorado State University MSB 1-Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Katie Werman

Reaction score
I am an alumni of this program, and am applying to medical school this year. It's a great program for premeds and other programs, I am so happy I went through this program before going to med school! I realized there isn't a thread on this program, so I am happy to give information and provide answers to questions for anyone who is looking at it as a potential postbacc program before medical school!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I applied to this program and have some questions.

Is there still a linkage with the RVU-COM and if so, how does it work? Did you have classmates who were able to matriculate at RVU this way?

Hi, I applied to this program and have some questions.

Is there still a linkage with the RVU-COM and if so, how does it work? Did you have classmates who were able to matriculate at RVU this way?

I am quite familiar, as Colorado State is my alma mater.

Simply, RVU-COM holds 6 seats annually for CSU MBS graduates.
To be considered all you need is a 3.4 GPA in the program, as well as a few other non-stat requirements.
But I don't think there is a minimum MCAT needed to be considered.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am quite familiar, as Colorado State is my alma mater.

Simply, RVU-COM holds 6 seats annually for CSU MBS graduates.
To be considered all you need is a 3.4 GPA in the program, as well as a few other non-stat requirements.
But I don't think there is a minimum MCAT needed to be considered.
thank you, that makes sense and is certainly helpful. Do you know, is there a lot of competition for these seats? I assume from a class of 50 that a good chunk of people meet the requirements, but also that people have different plans/goals.

Last edited:
thank you, that makes sense and is certainly helpful. Do you know, is there a lot of competition for these seats? I assume from a class of 50 that a good chunk of people meet the requirements, but also that people have different plans/goals.

I'm not really sure, but I know that only some of the students want to go to medical school.

Simply, the higher the GPA you can get, the better your chances.
So I say try to aim for 3.6+ - this is pretty manageable to do if you put in the time/work as I have taken a few of the classes in the program.
And although there is no MCAT minimum, a good score will obviously help a lot as well.

Reactions: 1 user