Columbia email notification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sessllh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

today I received an email from columbia saying that

"Thank you for submitting your AADSAS application to Columbia
University. Your file is complete at this time and awaiting review.
We assure you that your application will receive every consideration.
Please be patient with the admissions process."

Did anyone get this email??? also how long will it take to hear from them once you get this notification??

Thanks, :)

Members don't see this ad.

I got it too but I havent heard anything since. except my aadsas status said the same thing. :/

i never got that email, and it says Recieved/under review on my AADSAS...seriously columbia is taking soooo long cuz its been like that for the past 3 weeks. I turned my AADSAS in May 28th and people that submitted their application in July are getting interviews so i dont understand wuts going on.

Members don't see this ad :)
My AADSAS also says under review but never got the email

weird, my aadsas said that a few days after i got the email. waiting is like the worst part of this whole process!

wow, that's really weird. I never received that email!

I got the same email, but I haven't even taken my DAT yet. I don't take it until next week. Do you think this is a generic letter that they send to everyone or should I be worried that they will just straight out reject me before getting my scores?

Can I ask how strict the Columbia ADCOM is on receiving 3 SCIENCE PROFESSOR LOE's? Has anyone received such a letter but had only 2 or less Science Profs submit LOEs?

Thanks

Can I ask how strict the Columbia ADCOM is on receiving 3 SCIENCE PROFESSOR LOE's? Has anyone received such a letter but had only 2 or less Science Profs submit LOEs?

Thanks

They don't care.

Are you on the Columbia admissions committee Bruinlove? :eek:

Hahahahaha. I wish. ;) I just know because I asked the same question to the admissions director.

I did recieve that email on August, 12th, excatly one day after my application was mailed out by AADSAS.
I recieved my interview invitation by email on September, 8th. Just trying to give you an estimation of how long it might take to get the interview [or at least how long it took in my case].
Good luck
P.S No, they don't really care about the letters. They had only two letters from me by the time they sent me the invitation [one science letter, and one non-science. Bruinlove is right!

Mine says under review, but I never got the e-mail

Currently they have 1 sci prof

hey guys,

today I received an email from columbia saying that

"Thank you for submitting your AADSAS application to Columbia
University. Your file is complete at this time and awaiting review.
We assure you that your application will receive every consideration.
Please be patient with the admissions process."

Did anyone get this email??? also how long will it take to hear from them once you get this notification??

Thanks, :)

Oh, I remember this email. You know what this means? This means that your file has been transferred to the screening committee.
If they like you, you should hear from them in about a week or less.
Good luck! :luck:

Oh, I remember this email. You know what this means? This means that your file has been transferred to the screening committee.
If they like you, you should hear from them in about a week or less.
Good luck! :luck:

or not...

I got that email July 21st... and my app. wasn't even complete until Aug 27th or something (I called on every week, and that was the 1st day they told me it was complete and ready to be reviewed)... and I haven't heard anything since besides that at some point my AADSAS was updated to Received/Under Review

I am pretty sure it was just an acknowledgment that they got your AADSAS in the mail because at that point they hadn't even taken my DATs

or not...

I got that email July 21st... and my app. wasn't even complete until Aug 27th or something (I called on every week, and that was the 1st day they told me it was complete and ready to be reviewed)... and I haven't heard anything since besides that at some point my AADSAS was updated to Received/Under Review

I am pretty sure it was just an acknowledgment that they got your AADSAS in the mail because at that point they hadn't even taken my DATs

Was your email from Ms. Johnson? Cuz I got similar emails twice from Ms. Lugo, but the third one was from Ms. Johnson and my file was sent out for the review on that day.

I did recieve that email on August, 12th, excatly one day after my application was mailed out by AADSAS.
I recieved my interview invitation by email on September, 8th. Just trying to give you an estimation of how long it might take to get the interview [or at least how long it took in my case].
Good luck
P.S No, they don't really care about the letters. They had only two letters from me by the time they sent me the invitation [one science letter, and one non-science. Bruinlove is right!

Harrygt- you're a special case. You scores are off the charts!!

Was your email from Ms. Johnson? Cuz I got similar emails twice from Ms. Lugo, but the third one was from Ms. Johnson and my file was sent out for the review on that day.

Ms. Lugo... oh well... it is word for word the same email as above though

YEAH, I GOT THE SAME EMAIL TWICE FROM MS. LUGO... BUT THAT WAS BACK IN JULY 21ST, AND 22ND...

I guess if I haven't heard back from now, im going to be rejected or have been put on the back burner?:confused:

YEAH, I GOT THE SAME EMAIL TWICE FROM MS. LUGO... BUT THAT WAS BACK IN JULY 21ST, AND 22ND...

I guess if I haven't heard back from now, im going to be rejected or have been put on the back burner?:confused:

Call them tomorrow and ask. Looks like they are interviewing a hell of a lot of people.

my first ones were from lugo and my last one was johnson. after the last one a few days later my aadsas updated to under review