COMLEX Level 2 PE Fail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1020428

I’d like to give some perspective on this subject. I have failed it twice, not the best position to be in. I definitely noticed a difference in SP quality. The ones in Chicago were much nicer (none of the whatever you think/say doc BS), and I’ve heard the same from other students. I say this, because I had a couple cases repeated and there was a huge difference. To add to this, I didn’t fail the humanism component there, and barely did anything different. I failed due to Soap notes and data gathering. I am still shocked to be honest. I felt I was very thorough in History and Physical exam. I know I messed up on the SOAP note component due to timing issues. Several notes were missing vital signs, sometimes family history, occupation, etc. That’s my fault. What puzzles me is how people here claim to leave large chunks of the notes incomplete, forget to wash hands, don’t summarize with patient, sloppy omm, and still end up passing! I take responsibility for my failures, but can’t help to think that I’ve been targeted like other posts here mention. So far I know of 7-10 people fail from my school and the majority are minorities. Food for thought.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I’d like to give some perspective on this subject. I have failed it twice, not the best position to be in. I definitely noticed a difference in SP quality. The ones in Chicago were much nicer (none of the whatever you think/say doc BS), and I’ve heard the same from other students. I say this, because I had a couple cases repeated and there was a huge difference. To add to this, I didn’t fail the humanism component there, and barely did anything different. I failed due to Soap notes and data gathering. I am still shocked to be honest. I felt I was very thorough in History and Physical exam. I know I messed up on the SOAP note component due to timing issues. Several notes were missing vital signs, sometimes family history, occupation, etc. That’s my fault. What puzzles me is how people here claim to leave large chunks of the notes incomplete, forget to wash hands, don’t summarize with patient, sloppy omm, and still end up passing! I take responsibility for my failures, but can’t help to think that I’ve been targeted like other posts here mention. So far I know of 7-10 people fail from my school and the majority are minorities. Food for thought.
So you failed and you're asserting that surely its not you, but the racist SPs? It's never our own faults when we fail, is it? That's a super convenient stance to take. Maybe you're just not quite as good as you think? Affirmative action only helps you get in to medical school, the rest is merit (thank GOD). Sorry you failed, but instead of trying to point fingers at racist and "poor quality" SPs, you should focus more on improving yourself to the point of making it impossible for any subjective assessments to fail you.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Oh by the way, SPs don't grade your SOAP notes. They literally only grade you on the humanism/professionalism components. Practicing physicians BLINDED to your demographics grade your SOAP notes. Sorry, you can’t pull the race card this time. :/

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users