COMLEX PE A&O

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cp3340

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Did your school not warn you about this? I remember mine specifically said not to use aao x 3.

But only time will tell right? Can't promise you either way but you'll probably be ok.

And FYI, I promise you there are a lot of patients out there who seem oriented but when asked directly will tell you it's 1967 and Reagan is president.

Rest easy. Can't worry about it now. What's done is done. Hopefully there's no adverse outcome for you but I just pawned my crystal ball so I could have money for Ramen noodles this month...

I'm sure you've heard this all before but whatever the outcome, remember this lesson until the day you die (and one that we all must remember when it's 3am with a mountain of catch up work do do and we're in a hurry).

Once you become a physician, give careful consideration to what you document. It's not only your reputation on the line at that point but your livelihood as well. You've come too far to get burned by some small, seemingly insignificant detail. Your feet WILL be held to the fire so make sure you don't kick off your shoes and scoot closer to the coals.

It's more favorable to do a half ass note with holes in your HPI, PE, or ROS (although, it goes without saying- try not to do this) vs. doing a "complete and tidy" note that is probably true but full of stuff you didn't actually assess.

In the future, "awake, alert, NAD" might be more appropriate documentation if you ever forget to fully assess a patient's orientation.

**fingers crossed that the nbome gods find favor with you

Members don't see this ad :)
I hate to hit you when you're down, but you ARE falsifying data, even in real life and you could get into tons of trouble with that. If I was grading your COMLEX PE, I would actually fail you. You can tell if a patient is alert by how they talk to you, but you CANNOT tell they are oriented, much less times 3 unless you specifically ask. By putting A&OX3, you are lying, plain and simple, and if you ever ended up in a lawsuit, they would nail you on it.

Thank you

Last edited: