COMLEX PE and Interview Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YorkH

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

So far I'm sitting at about 5 interview invites when my classmates who are also applying to FM have double to triple the invites at this point. My COMLEX + USMLE scores aren't the greatest and I did have a pre-clinical fail. From the interviews I've had so far, there doesn't some to be any serious flaws apart from my red flags. All my transcripts and LoRs have been assigned, and the only thing I'm missing at this point is my COMLEX PE (which I will be taking this week).

My question is, is my missing COMLEX PE affecting my invites or is it matter of being patient?

Edit: I've applied fairly broadly throughout the US, with an extra focus in the Midwest and programs with osteopathic recognition.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi everyone.

So far I'm sitting at about 5 interview invites when my classmates who are also applying to FM have double to triple the invites at this point. My COMLEX + USMLE scores aren't the greatest and I did fail a pre-clinical fail. From the interviews I've had so far, there doesn't some to be any serious flaws apart from my red flags. All my transcripts and LoRs have been assigned, and the only thing I'm missing at this point is my COMLEX PE (which I will be taking this week).

My question is, is my missing COMLEX PE affecting my invites or is it matter of being patient?

It's still early in the process. Right now top candidates are hoarding as many interview slots as possible until they meet all their goals. Once those goals are met anxiety will die down and new invites will go out as people slim down their schedules.

Where you happen to be applying is also a factor. My school is Midwest and I am applying Midwest, but if I was applying California/Miami/New York I doubt my results would be what they are currently.

While I cannot speak as to if lack of PE is hurting you, it certainly isn't helping. Why did you schedule it so late if I might ask?

While I cannot speak as to if lack of PE is hurting you, it certainly isn't helping. Why did you schedule it so late if I might ask?

My original plan was to take the PE last December, but a good deal of spots were full all the way until October 2019. Although I know spots can spontaneously open up, I didn't want to take a chance and so I took the first spot that was available.

My original plan was to take the PE last December, but a good deal of spots were full all the way until October 2019. Although I know spots can spontaneously open up, I didn't want to take a chance and so I took the first spot that was available.

I’m taking PE this week also. I have received a similar number of invites as your classmates that you mentioned. I think it may have hindered me at 2-3 programs though. It may depend on where you’re applying. A lot of the programs I applied to mentioned on their website that they wanted Level 1 and CE prior to interview, but PE was required prior to ranking.