COMLEX & USMLE dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

schwasted589

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so I'm figuring out dates for usmle & comlex and there are 2 options, both have USMLE 1st and COMLEX 2nd.

option 1: comlex and usmle are 2 days apart

option 2: comlex and usmle are 4 days apart

I have a wedding (MY wedding) the weekend after (wonderful timing, I know). Option 1 gives me 11 days between the last test and my wedding. Option 2, gives me 3 extra days to study but I'm done with testing only 7 days before my wedding.

I've never gotten married before and I've never taken the USMLE/COMLEX before so I'm trying to figure out how to maximize gains and reduce stress. Taking the test 3 days earlier doesn't SEEM like the end of the world but I also don't want to mess up the most important test ever because I want 3 extra days to figure out wedding madness. Also, is trying to cram in OMM in 2 days completely delusional thinking?

Any help? I'm kind of stressed about it because dates are filling up so ANY advice would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I took the usmle step 1 and comlex level 1 a week apart and I liked having a breather between the two. I found that the day after the usmle, I didn't really have the energy to study. Putting a few days in between allows you to take a little mental break. I do think that 2 days can be a fine amount of time to review OMM (assuming you usually did okay in OMM and have some recollection of it). Good luck and congrats on the wedding!

I took the usmle step 1 and comlex level 1 a week apart and I liked having a breather between the two. I found that the day after the usmle, I didn't really have the energy to study. Putting a few days in between allows you to take a little mental break. I do think that 2 days can be a fine amount of time to review OMM (assuming you usually did okay in OMM and have some recollection of it). Good luck and congrats on the wedding!

Thanks! Did you feel burnt out at all by the end of it? That's my main concern (along with forgetting those last minute details that your brain dumps as soon as you walk out of the test)

Thanks! Did you feel burnt out at all by the end of it? That's my main concern (along with forgetting those last minute details that your brain dumps as soon as you walk out of the test)

I did feel a little burnt out, but it wasn't that bad. I did a similar split between step 2 and level 2. When you leave the test center for the second time, you will feel tired, you will feel done- but you will also be ready to move on with your life and the excitement of that counteracts it.

I did feel a little burnt out, but it wasn't that bad. I did a similar split between step 2 and level 2. When you leave the test center for the second time, you will feel tired, you will feel done- but you will also be ready to move on with your life and the excitement of that counteracts it.

Thank you. Yes, I just have to power through. Thanks for the advice again! :)

Reactions: 1 user