COMLEX1 score conversion 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ensuii

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone see that they updated the score conversion calculator for the 2011-2012 cycle? My 96% went down to a 92%...fml. I'm guessing there must've have been more outlying high scores this year that really skewed the distribution.

Members don't see this ad.

I know the figures change annually but I don't think they've ever changed as drastically as this...usually it's just a percent or two MAX. This year it's saying someone who scored a 500 is in the 43rd percentile of all test takers whereas they would've been in the 54th percentile last year. A 11% change? I thought average was always generally 500. Wtf is the nbome doing?

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree that the average seems to be moving around more than it should be. Furthermore, I've heard of a surprising number of cases this year where people somehow scored >800 (which should be impossible, right?)

I donno, the grading of the COMLEX has always seemed a bit odd to me.

don't see it as too big of a deal. PD's will still see 600+ as 'great' and it'll get your foot in through the door. kind of analogous to the USMLE trend...where 250 is the new 240. Seems people are wising up to the test/sharpening their test taking strategy/abilities with all the resources out there today.

So you have to do better to get the same score ? Also cranial seems to be more high yield than in years past.