Community College/Online Classes??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mag7ical

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've finished my undergrad & all the postbaccs/masters don't start until fall. I wanted to take summer courses to boost my gpa in the meanwhile. I've already finished all my pre-reqs, so I'll just be taking random science courses. Is it okay if I take them at a CC? I've only taken 2 CC courses before.

Also, I wanted to do a postbacc in Health Informatics. But some of the schools in my area (UIC and Northwestern) offer them only online. They're both reputable schools, but will these online courses hurt my app?

Members don't see this ad.

I've finished my undergrad & all the postbaccs/masters don't start until fall. I wanted to take summer courses to boost my gpa in the meanwhile. I've already finished all my pre-reqs, so I'll just be taking random science courses. Is it okay if I take them at a CC? I've only taken 2 CC courses before.

Also, I wanted to do a postbacc in Health Informatics. But some of the schools in my area (UIC and Northwestern) offer them only online. They're both reputable schools, but will these online courses hurt my app?

Well, if you've already finished your pre-reqs, the next best thing is to take upper level biology type courses (normally 300 and 400 level). Many CC's don't offer these upper level sciences at that level, some only offer them as a 200 level, or not at all.

Does your CC offer summer upper level courses?