community college

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andy33

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok..here is my situation. i ended up living at home this semester and driving 30 miles to school three times a week. i decided to pick up microbiology at a community college in my hometown. i have taken a few other classes there while in high school but this is the only science class that i have not taken at my four year college. is this going to hurt my application? thanks for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

I had 30 hours at a C.C. (only three science, bio 1, 2 and micro). I also got into dental school a year early, so it didn't seem too effect my application at all. Just make sure that all C.C. classes are A's. It really helps the ole GPA
smile.gif
Good Luck!

Same here. I took micro. and inorg. at C.C. and some other classes----30 hrs. I was a non-traditional coming back after 5 year break. Like previous post just make sure you are getting/got A's. I, too, have been accepted to dental school.

Don't worry about it. I took 60 credits at CC and took 1st year bio, chem, and physics there.