compounding pharmacy raided and shut down

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
well, it doesn't sound like they were targeted because they were a compounding pharmacy, but because of possible questionable billing practices. Which is good, I find it more alarming when the FDA is going after compounding pharmacies for compounding, then when the FBI is going after a pharmacy for questionable billing.

Members don't see this ad :)
well, it doesn't sound like they were targeted because they were a compounding pharmacy, but because of possible questionable billing practices. Which is good, I find it more alarming when the FDA is going after compounding pharmacies for compounding, then when the FBI is going after a pharmacy for questionable billing.

Id rather have the FDA in there. I cant see a crime as long s the physician wrote the prescription and the patient used the product. If pharmacy submits an AWP price and the stupid INS company pays it, then that is on the INS company paying the bill. It always bewildered me how an INS company can pay something one day and then later say, oh, ooops, we werent suppose to pay that. and now the federal govt. I hope this investigation turns up nothing. Wont matter, the pharmacy has closed.

That was how Robert Courtney got caught - billing irregularities.

As most of us know, many chemo drugs have very distinctive colors, and when he delivered clear bags, the nurses would ask him about it and he would always reply that the drugs were reformulated.

And then last year, there was that infusion pharmacy in Birmingham, AL that mixed TPNs in a container which had been rinsed in tap water, killing at least 9 people.

Cases like this makes me really glad that my school stressed sterile technique so much

Cases like this makes me really glad that my school stressed sterile technique so much

Is Pt grace and Al still there? I remember lab being stressed into our brain like no other class!.

That is scary/sad. Anything for intrathecal use, I personally would want prepared in factory level conditions (which I'm assuming an independent compound center didn't have, but I might be wrong.)

there's a really good one in kansas...i can't remember their name. i think it was in kansas...somewhere there between San Francisco and New York.

Is Pt grace and Al still there? I remember lab being stressed into our brain like no other class!.

Prof. Reiman is the bomb. I did a rotation with him. He drove his really old red beater with us to the restaurants and bought us lunches twice a week. His side hobby: building a helicopter LOL... I didn't know he is a cool guy until P4 >_>;

Prof. Reiman is the bomb. I did a rotation with him. He drove his really old red beater with us to the restaurants and bought us lunches twice a week. His side hobby: building a helicopter LOL... I didn't know he is a cool guy until P4 >_>;

Prof Reiman was awesome. Loved those videos we would watch on how to make creams. those labs were brutal though!