Concerns about DEBT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Attached is an example of a Salary to Debt Analysis....feel free to post any questions or concerns. Hopefully this helps clear up some questions everyone has concerning the DPT debt...

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• SDN Salary to Debt Analysis.xlsx
    11 KB · Views: 137
Just in case there's any Texans on here or people applying to Texas schools...ASU is only ~$35K a year in-state for all three years (not including clinicals or COL), and I want to say UTSW is only ~$25K for three years. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I remember hearing. Then again, ASU takes 20 people and UTSW takes about that much so it's pretty competitive. ASU has their Carr Scholarship for qualified applicants though, so if you can meet those standards you can shave off $3000 a semester I think.

It doesn't need to be a 2:1 ratio of debt to starting salary. There are $50k programs out there...even less. If you already paid off undergrad, then you can walk out at graduation and a month later be pulling in @$60k at least, with around $500/mo. loan payments. That's very doable, and if you don't go crazy and buy new cars/houses all at once, you could even pay it off pretty aggressively.

if you are $50,000 in debt, how do you get $500 a month payments?

i am looking at a $25,000 loan now from sallie mae, paid back over 5 years it comes out t $400 a month.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah, I see. SallieMae is offering me a ******ed deal with 11% interest in addition to the LIBOR. LOL, I hope the LIBOR stays low. Damn, I need a cosigner.

if you are $50,000 in debt, how do you get $500 a month payments?

i am looking at a $25,000 loan now from sallie mae, paid back over 5 years it comes out t $400 a month.

I think it is assuming a 10 year payback term.