:confused: Any guesses on my GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premolar

Premolar
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have completed my BDS from Govt Dental College in India. I would like to know if anyone can give me my rough GPA using following statistics.

Percentage - 55.9%

I have completed 2 subjects in 2 attempts and a subject in 3 attempts. Remaining all of them have been completed in single attempt.

Only our class topper got 73% but the second rank person has 63% and remaining of the students have their percentages below 60%. Can anyone please make guesses.....?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hey i dont why you want some one else to make a guess on your GPA. but the best thing would be to apply for a course by course evaluation report at ece.org. sny way since you asked ,my guess is 2.00 best of luck
premolar said:
Hello All,

I have completed my BDS from Govt Dental College in India. I would like to know if anyone can give me my rough GPA using following statistics.

Percentage - 55.9%

I have completed 2 subjects in 2 attempts and a subject in 3 attempts. Remaining all of them have been completed in single attempt.

Only our class topper got 73% but the second rank person has 63% and remaining of the students have their percentages below 60%. Can anyone please make guesses.....?

Thanks

Sharat chandra said:
hey i dont why you want some one else to make a guess on your GPA. but the best thing would be to apply for a course by course evaluation report at ece.org. sny way since you asked ,my guess is 2.00 best of luck
well , premolar, the fact is its very hard to guess. keep ur hopes up , hopefully u should get above 3 (lets be positive :) ) nothing wrong with tht.
but generally, wht we have seen is gdc students get low gpa for some reason .i dont know y. but its not always the case.
so apply for ece. dont worry abt it now :)

Members don't see this ad :)
hi, try WES evaluation, it gives a better GPA than ECE.
where ECE gives grade-c, wes gives grade B. so go for it n i hope u will be better off with gpa. good luck, i think u wiil get a gpa of > 3 with wes n <2.5 with ECE, that`s my guess.
all the best n take care. :)

premolar said:
Hello All,

Percentage - 55.9%

Thanks

premolar said:
Hello All,

Percentage - 55.9%

Thanks

Hi premolar

check this web site for online gpa calculator

www.laurasmidiheaven.com/tool/gpacalculator.shtml

I dont know exactly how it is done... but here goes:
For a paper out of 200-
120 and above - A
110 to 119 - B
105 to 109 - C
100 to 104 - D

Below 100 is F ... this is for pass grade of 100 !! and by ECE.

Convert this way for each paper
A=4
B=3
C=2
D=1
F=0

Add each grade for all the 17 papers ( > 17 if there are more than two attempts) and get an average. Include all attempts.

I dont know how far this is correct, but I deduced it from my report and a couple of my friends' ... hope this helps!!!