confused

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BAU grad

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys.
i am almost done with my intership hours, and I am getting a head start preparing for the Naplex.
I hear conflicting ideas about which book to study from.
I bought the APhA after a lot of recommendations,however, i think it is not that much better than the Comprehensive Pharmacy Review.
Did anyone use the APhA? And are there any books that i need to start studying from??:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi BAU Grad,
Congrats, finishing up your intern hours means you gonna make all the big bucks real soon :laugh:
I had a similar question when I was about to take the NAPLEX but it went unanswered for weeks until I found this website (and I did some researches of my own :D)
Well to make it short, I used Prontopass. I studied w/ prontopass for about 2 weeks then I took the Naplex and passed. I did not passed w/ flying colors but I did passed :p
Prontopass made Naplex simple and easy to remember. It costs about $400 but the money was well spent (esp. the pharmacy math review portion). I believed I passed the Naplex based on that Math portion alone. I had over 45% math questions in my Naplex. So don't stress out if your math questions get harder and harder (actually, it's a good sign for computer adaptive test). It means you were doing well and the computer had no choice but giving you harder questions.

About the Apha book, I got mine for free by became a APHA member while I was in school (membership was free) but I didn't like it so much. I only used it to answer the questions at the end of each chapter. Besides, I only had 2 weeks before the exam.

After the exam, I kept my Prontopass Naplex study materials but many people resale them here or on ebay for $200-$250 (so you don't actually loose so much money, does it? :D) Well, hope it helps. Good luck!

Last edited:
hey I took naplex back in august but failed and I bought prontopass combo few weeks ago and feel it is too easy with the cards and also the posters after I read APHA 7th two times. first time skim and second time try to remember important stuff. did you really study prontopass only and pass?? I really regret that I did not study hard back in school. I try to find some of the questions I remember from exam but it is not on prontopass but it is in APHA. I really need to pass the exam. Please tell me what you think about prontopass thanks