Congrats Pons--New Nontrad Mod (For Real This Time!)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that April Fools is over and done, please welcome our newest Nontrad green mod, Pons Asinorum. :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pons deserves it. He's one of the few on here that takes the time to read through horribly long posts and give thoughtful feedback. I'm sure he'll be a great Mod.

Congrats !! :claps:

F52FC63F-1479-BF34-F1AEF76427E27773.jpg

Don't want to derail but pons, can you please explain your avatar to me. I don't know if its the dudes expression or what but I'm strangely bothered by it.

Not as bothered as I was by Geneticists man-boob avatar but still...

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Didn't realize Pons was a non trad.

Congrats Pons! By the way do you actually have a beard? If so you are awesome.

I like to get my meme on in pre-allo to throw you kids off the scent ;)

There are quite a few nontrads in pre-allo that one wouldn't think are nontrads, you being a prime example. :)

yeeeeeeeeeeeah!

Kid_techno_dancing.gif

I'll take that as a compliment :)

Evergrey - I do, in fact, have a beard. It is full and luxurious.

Excellent, excellent. I should grow one myself. I am traveling to Japan in May (well, depending on what happens with the power plant situation), and I think I should get a beard growin' then! That way my family and friends can't harass me for looking scruffy.

To put that into context, this is me the last time I grew a beard:

longbeard.jpg

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Good deal then Pons!

:)

Although, lol, I didn't quite picture you with a beard. Glad that it's full and luxurious.

I know what is being said though. . .I thought you were some young 20's something surfer dude.

Actually, this youtube vid is more nontrad appropriate *fingerquotes* ;) :p

[YOUTUBE]GfPg5LjGYz8[/YOUTUBE]

:soexcited:Pons, I'm going to grow out my pit hair to congratulate you since I can't grow a beard! Congratulations!

Actually, this youtube vid is more nontrad appropriate *fingerquotes* ;) :p

I do believe that in my childhood, I had that dance down pretty good.

:soexcited:Pons, I'm going to grow out my pit hair to congratulate you since I can't grow a beard! Congratulations!

"Is it true that French babes don't shave their pits?"
"Some don't."
"But they got nude beaches?"
"Not in the winter."

Pons, what did you do, to whom, and in what way, to receive such an honor!?

Pons, what did you do, to whom, and in what way, to receive such an honor!?
When Pons was a regular user, I, as a mod, worked for him. Now that he's a greenie, he works for me. I like telling him what to do rather than the other way around. :smuggrin:

All kidding aside, new mods are nominated by current mods based on forum staffing needs. The major criteria are the user's helpfulness, tactfulness, and participation level in the forum. The senior staff then discuss the nomination, after which the user is invited to become a mod.

congratulations to anyone who survives the wretched website of SDN for so long as pons

double congrats for making it so long without making enemies! i've made a small fraction of the number of posts as you have, and have been called all the names in the book.

sure you'll do great as a mod. there's hope for SDN yet!

I love you too, jl ;)

:) I just noticed it says "bearded ms" under your moniker.

Don't know why I thought you were some surfer dude, pons. It's so funny what we "think" people may be like online.

At first I thought Q was a he. (Q had to set me straight on that. :laugh:) Don't know why that was. Lots of females excel in chemistry, so that couldn't have been it. Maybe it was b/c I didn't find her emotinally reactive to stuff--but now I just ticked off a number of females. Sorry ladies. Didn't mean to encourage any sterotypical thinking.

:mad: I am a chem/math person too. And female. It's not that we're not emotional, we're just more logical.

Don't know why I thought you were some surfer dude, pons. It's so funny what we "think" people may be like online.

At first I thought Q was a he. (Q had to set me straight on that. :laugh:) Don't know why that was. Lots of females excel in chemistry, so that couldn't have been it. Maybe it was b/c I didn't find her emotinally reactive to stuff--but now I just ticked off a number of females. Sorry ladies. Didn't mean to encourage any sterotypical thinking.

Glad you didn't mean to tick off the women on this forum. I just have to add I also have my PhD in medicinal chemistry (Q's an inspiration). I to am female.

Wait. I'm good friends with a bearded surfer dude :mad:. Now I'm angry as well.

I kid, I kid.

But something I'm not joking about is the fact that Pons needs to seriously change his avatar already :lame:.

Please Pons!!! I beg you. I can't look at that dude anymore.

It's almost as bad as the avatar with the snot nosed pirate guy :(.

And you say you want to be a physician...

I know. Snot/mucus is literally the WORST thing I could possibly handle. Really makes me the sickest of all the specimens I've dealt with.

Blood :)

Urine :rolleyes:

Fecal :lame:

Sputum :barf:

Glad you didn't mean to tick off the women on this forum. I just have to add I also have my PhD in medicinal chemistry (Q's an inspiration). I to am female.

If I had it to do all over again, I would have gone for a degree in biochem. You chem PhDs are awesome. I just don't have time for that now.

Blood :)

Urine :rolleyes:

Fecal :lame:

inserted: purulent vaginal drainage

Sputum :barf: