Congrats Pons--New Nontrad Mod (For Real This Time!)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You? Mention vaginas? Get out of town! ;)

I would be the best OB/GYN ever. I just need to convince a med school. ;) Good luck there, huh? lol

One of my fondest memories from nursing school was being in inner city Detroit and watching the NP do a vag exam on a teenager and this huge glop of white goo fell on the NP's shoe and leg when she took out the speculum! The NP almost :barf:'ed.

I like the smell of pseudomonas (smells sweet), and I could totally see myself working in ID also. The grossest abscess that I have ever seen was on this dude's taint. I felt for him.

Members don't see this ad.

The grossest abscess that I have ever seen was on this dude's taint. I felt for him.

I lol'd. Then vomited in my mouth a little bit.

Vicious cycle: you don't wipe quite as well as you should, leave behind a little doody, doody causes infection, infection causes swelling/pain, swelling/pain makes it suck to adequately remove follow-on doody, future-doody perpetuates infection, lather/rinse/repeat.

Members don't see this ad :)
One of my fondest memories from nursing school was being in inner city Detroit and watching the NP do a vag exam on a teenager and this huge glop of white goo fell on the NP's shoe and leg when she took out the speculum! The NP almost :barf:'ed.

I mean, what do you say?

"Oh hey there my bad sorry!"

A little residual doody on the finger from a DRE isn't so bad.

I mean, what do you say?

Not as bad as when this lady from another country (somewhere in SA) was delivering a baby and a really long and fat worm came out with it.

Talk about :barf:

Pseudomonas smelling sweet. Egad. It's all nasty smelling. And I loved microbiology. . .except for all the nasty smells.

Guess that's why I liked working in CT surgical recovery more. Most of those folks are pretty cleaned up and then some before they get in the OR--and even then they are coated with God only knows how much antimicrobials while in the OR.

The biatch about the ED, especially inner city, is that you have to be prepared for lice, ALLLLL kinds of nastiness, street pros with PID, you name it. You just have to make yourself have a strong stomach. I am pretty OK with it. I j ust can't handle a lot of turning movements, and I don't do well with taking various pain meds--barf city. Least I know I'll never be addicted to opiates. There are a number of people like that.

Uh, not sure how I failed to see this news until today. Pons as a mod?

#WINNING

Charlie-Sheen-Winning-Poster.jpg

The biatch about the ED, especially inner city, is that you have to be prepared for lice, ALLLLL kinds of nastiness, street pros with PID, you name it. You just have to make yourself have a strong stomach. I am pretty OK with it. I j ust can't handle a lot of turning movements, and I don't do well with taking various pain meds--barf city. Least I know I'll never be addicted to opiates. There are a number of people like that.

...and scabies. You forgot those. I always got to find out that a pt had scabies after I had gone through someone's clothing without gloves. Never go through clothing without protection!

Pons said:
I lol'd. Then vomited in my mouth a little bit.

Vicious cycle: you don't wipe quite as well as you should, leave behind a little doody, doody causes infection, infection causes swelling/pain, swelling/pain makes it suck to adequately remove follow-on doody, future-doody perpetuates infection, lather/rinse/repeat.
That was so vivid in my mind. Thank you, Pons. lol I wondered at the time how his abscess occured. Maybe from scratching his balls? Now I have much more insight into male wiping habits. I'll need to teach my sons to wipe wisely. I don't enjoy packing taints. :laugh:
N3xa said:
I mean, what do you say?

Actually, she didn't know about it. We kept pretty professional. I felt bad because it was her first examination which is difficult enough for any young girl. Her mom was there, and they really seemed like nice people. It was actually normal discharge...just lots of it.

That is so disgusting I don't know what to say. However, I do have several med student buddies that worked in Detroit and they usually have the BEST stories! Especially when it comes to purulent discharge. Delish.

Not as bad as when this lady from another country (somewhere in SA) was delivering a baby and a really long and fat worm came out with it.

Pseudomonas smelling sweet. Egad. It's all nasty smelling. And I loved microbiology. . .except for all the nasty smells.

Worms aren't that bad for me. I've seen many worms unfortunately and not even in a clinical setting. Just gifts that visitors have left behind. And Pseudomonas really do smell sweet. Some bacteria really smell like tacos as well!

Can I make this my sig?

Yes! A doody sig. Do the doody!

Wooo! A worm! :barf:

Mmmmm...tacos.

...and scabies. You forgot those. I always got to find out that a pt had scabies after I had gone through someone's clothing without gloves. Never go through clothing without protection!

Actually, she didn't know about it. We kept pretty professional. I felt bad because it was her first examination which is difficult enough for any young girl. Her mom was there, and they really seemed like nice people. It was actually normal discharge...just lots of it.

Yes. I was probably psychologically blocking on the scabies. Had a newborn come into PICU not too long ago, and no matter what we did, mom kept re-infecting with scabies while the baby was in the unit. Initiated isolation, and it still didn't matter. Had mom treated several times, and the kid still kept getting them. Awful.

Have you found that being a nurse has made you an anti-bug (macro and micro) freak? I have scrubbed my hands so much over the years, it is a wonder I have any skin left.

About the girl. . .wow, well, that seems weird to me that that was a "normal" amount of "normal" discharge.

The strangest thing is that we can get to the point where talking about this kind of thing doesn't bother us as much while we're eating.

Worms aren't that bad for me. I've seen many worms unfortunately and not even in a clinical setting. Just gifts that visitors have left behind. And Pseudomonas really do smell sweet. Some bacteria really smell like tacos as well!

Nah. I am pretty sensitive to smells. Anything that hints of this to me is something I'm not going to spend too much time on sniffing.

Nah. I am pretty sensitive to smells. Anything that hints of this to me is something I'm not going to spend too much time on sniffing.

Maybe it's the organic chemist in me, but 99.99% of my brain goes, "Ewwwww!"

And the 0.01% is sitting there trying to come up with a good description of the smell. Yeasty? Hot? Sweet? Sour?

lol

So glad someone dug up this thread so I could read it while I was eating lunch. The rest of it didn't bother me but this ^, this made me put down my yogurt. :eek:

jl lin said:
About the girl. . .wow, well, that seems weird to me that that was a "normal" amount of "normal" discharge.
Actually some females have quite a bit of discharge when ovulating, sometimes in huge clumps. It's just preferable if it doesn't fall on one's shoe. :laugh:

Last edited:
On the original subject of the thread... it's been awhile since Pons was around and I don't know if he's coming back. :(

He was last on on my birthday, a grand day, 8/8... :) He's alive, probably just barely though ;)