Contact school before application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pojman

Level 99 Alchemist
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So - I am very excited to begin my pharmacy school applications, and I have a question about something. Usually l just make a decision and stick to it, but I worry that I might come off a bit too anxious.

I have a ton of questions regarding the pharmacy school which I will be applying to, and I would like to get some "face time" with an adviser or admissions staff member. I would like to go over my questions, and hopefully gain some knowledge on how to become the strongest applicant possible.

Does this sound a bit too "high pressure"? Or, is this more common than I am thinking?

Members don't see this ad.

So - I am very excited to begin my pharmacy school applications, and I have a question about something. Usually l just make a decision and stick to it, but I worry that I might come off a bit too anxious.

I have a ton of questions regarding the pharmacy school which I will be applying to, and I would like to get some "face time" with an adviser or admissions staff member. I would like to go over my questions, and hopefully gain some knowledge on how to become the strongest applicant possible.

Does this sound a bit too "high pressure"? Or, is this more common than I am thinking?

That sounds normal to me. I don't see any harm to it. In fact, I used to regularly set up appointments with different professors to learn about their research back when I was applying for graduate school. Professors who were interested in me would asked me to email them my application number. It is a natural thing to do for your passion. Good luck to you!

I thought this blog was kind of helpful in answering some of my questions. I can't get the link to work but it's called "the truth about pharmacy school admissions".