Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

Contact school before application?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Pojman, 04.25.12.

1. Thanks to Crack the PCAT
  1. Pojman

Pojman Level 99 Alchemist

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    So - I am very excited to begin my pharmacy school applications, and I have a question about something. Usually l just make a decision and stick to it, but I worry that I might come off a bit too anxious.

I have a ton of questions regarding the pharmacy school which I will be applying to, and I would like to get some "face time" with an adviser or admissions staff member. I would like to go over my questions, and hopefully gain some knowledge on how to become the strongest applicant possible.

Does this sound a bit too "high pressure"? Or, is this more common than I am thinking?
  2. kcwang

kcwang

SDN 2+ Year Member
    That sounds normal to me. I don't see any harm to it. In fact, I used to regularly set up appointments with different professors to learn about their research back when I was applying for graduate school. Professors who were interested in me would asked me to email them my application number. It is a natural thing to do for your passion. Good luck to you!
  3. JimmyP45

JimmyP45

Pre-Pharmacy
    I thought this blog was kind of helpful in answering some of my questions. I can't get the link to work but it's called "the truth about pharmacy school admissions".
  4. kcwang

kcwang

SDN 2+ Year Member

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal