Contacting Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UMMS FMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So... I know UC Davis just released their first round of interviews yesterday. I really would like the chance to interview there but haven't heard from them yet. What's proper etiquette for contacting a program re: an interview? I submitted my application on 9/1 I'm a pretty strong candidate overall and have gotten interviews at some good programs (UW, UMich, UVA, Vandy) so I'm bummed that I didn't make the first cut.

Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I was undecided about whether or not I should contact programs I hadn't heard from but was very interested in. I went ahead and sent an email to CCF. They promply sent me a personalized rejection email...Not sure if it was a good idea. I doesn't look like they had sent out rejections yet...maybe they where waiting on the Dean's letter to make a decision about the second wave of interviews. Who knows...maybe I would have got a rejection anyway but I am definitely going to hold off until after Nov 1 before I contact anyone else.

Doh! I just e-mailed UC Davis on Friday evening - I'll see what happens... That'd make me a little gun shy about contacting anyone else before the MSPE launches.

Its fine. You and about a gazillion other people are doing the same thing.

I would hold off until nov before letting the worry set in.