Cook County EM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JimmyB123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Cook County EM takes CCOM (the DO school in Chicago) grads? Or has taken DO grads in the last? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Didn't train there, but did do fellowship... they have DO faculty & have taken DOs in the past... in fact, one of our graduated fellows was first a CCH EM resident.

Currently have 1 DO from Touro (via Google - http://www.ccbh.org/staff/residents/)

To your specific question about CCOM, why not ask your student affairs people?

Cheers!
-d

Does anyone know if Cook County EM takes CCOM (the DO school in Chicago) grads? Or has taken DO grads in the last? Thanks!

They do. Look at their website. I want to say they have had two from CCOM over the past six or so years. For some reason I remember one of them maybe being chief. They should have this info on their website.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you've got high enough board scores and rotate there you should have a decent shot form what i've heard.

Rotated here and it was badass! Residents were amazing, attendings did great teaching. Ranked them very high and would have been thrilled to match there. I matched elsewhere and am happy with my spot but I can't say enough great things about this place. For the rising MS4s, PM for details on the rotation.

I also rotated at Cook County for EM and for several other rotations during M3/M4 year. The EM faculty and residents are top notch. Ended up ranking them highly but not at the top of my list as I didn't like the rotation setup and strict graduated responsibility. If you are aiming for EM in Chicago, I would also check out Advocate Christ. They are DO friendly and from my experience awesome faculty and residents in a much much higher acuity ED. Feel free to shoot me a message if you want another perspective on either place.

Rotated here and it was badass! Residents were amazing, attendings did great teaching. Ranked them very high and would have been thrilled to match there. I matched elsewhere and am happy with my spot but I can't say enough great things about this place. For the rising MS4s, PM for details on the rotation.
Ditto.

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile