Copying & Pasting stuff from primary into secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stayathomemom

Now with 100% more Stay At Home™!
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can I copy & paste from my primary in regards to my disadvantaged essay? They are literally asking the exact same thing as that section of the primary and honestly I have no idea why they don't just read the primaries. Obviously for the "essay" portion of the secondary I wouldn't do this, but having a repeat of the disadvantaged essay seems ridiculous.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Prefacing this with the obligatory not an ADCOM, but I'd imagine it would be more useful to again describe your disadvantaged instead of copy-pasting. Is there a new angle you can take? Perhaps add more information since the space on the primary wasn't incredibly long? It's always to your benefit to add more substance/paint yourself a clearer picture so you can stand out more amidst the sea of other applicants

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't do it. I don't know why they are doing it, but a copy paste (if they think it's worth re-asking) isn't a good look.
I appreciate your input. I will reword it. This entire process is an effective way to train future physicians to submit to ridiculousness while weeding out the ones who won't put up with it.

Reactions: 1 user
I appreciate your input. I will reword it. This entire process is an effective way to train future physicians to submit to ridiculousness while weeding out the ones who won't put up with it.

You got it

To answer the primary question: no, absolutely fundamentally do not do this. Think of your secondary as another crucial, valuable piece of space that you can show your colors at - even if it’s the same question. It’s another opportunity to grab their attention and go “look at me. Look at this. I deserve to be here.” Don’t waste the opportunity.