Corneal Neuralgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tramadeezy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
New patient, young lady with several years of burning/irritating eye pain after Lasik. Has tried a bunch eye drops and Gabapentin with no relief. She would like to try interventions. Any experience with TN block for this? Can you reliably catch V1? Any thoughts appreciated, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks. I was thinking TN block. Any reason to consider sphenopalatine vs TN? Maybe catch some parasympathetics with sphenopalatine? Might try q-tip spheno first and see what happens.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's probably dry eye and it's a known risk of Lasik. She needs to use her eye drops. She can get amniotic membrane treatment if she wants to be fancy and insurance will cover some of it.

The dryness does bother her but eye drops help that. Its more burning/throbbing pain that is the worst part.

What’s the next step after TN block if you get transient relief? RF of V1? I thought the was considered to be a really bad idea.

What’s the next step after TN block if you get transient relief? RF of V1? I thought the was considered to be a really bad idea.

I think I would try another drug or two before going down that path and the potential pitfalls.

Reactions: 1 user