Could someone explain how to solve this GC problem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swindoll

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't figure this out..

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 00002.jpg
    00002.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 124
Reactions: 1 user
I got you. Alright let's start with the Gibbs free energy equation. DeltaG= DeltaH -(T)DeltaS ... Delta H is the heat of formation times 2 since there are two moles! Temperature should be converted to Kelvin so 25 C is 298K. Then delta S is the Sum of Delta S of the mols of products minus sum of Delta S reactants. That gives you 25. Then the 1 x 10-3 is to convert J from the entropy to kJ from the enthalpy. It is hard to type out but I hope that helped!

Reactions: 1 users
I got you. Alright let's start with the Gibbs free energy equation. DeltaG= DeltaH -(T)DeltaS ... Delta H is the heat of formation times 2 since there are two moles! Temperature should be converted to Kelvin so 25 C is 298K. Then delta S is the Sum of Delta S of the mols of products minus sum of Delta S reactants. That gives you 25. Then the 1 x 10-3 is to convert J from the entropy to kJ from the enthalpy. It is hard to type out but I hope that helped!
Got it! Thanks a lot!

Thanks! I got stuck on this one as well. The wording was what threw me off.