Countdown to December 3rd

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalsud

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
The wait is killing me. What are some things that you guys are doing to pass time?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Daydreaming about decision day, procrastinating on homework while daydreaming of good news from my top choice, also playing COD :) spreading positive vibes where I go :highfive:

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm trying to keep myself from getting too excited, in case I have to face reality. But yeah, this is such a long wait. From day to day, I'm just going to work, working overtime almost every day, which keeps me busy.

Reactions: 2 users
Daydreaming about decision day, procrastinating on homework while daydreaming of good news from my top choice, also playing COD :) spreading positive vibes where I go :highfive:
What system are you playing COD on?

also playing COD :)
I'm on that red dead 2 grind. Been playing every day for two weeks and it feels like I haven't scratched the surface! Game is crazy big and loaded with tons of content

Working. Crying internally. Working.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm on that red dead 2 grind. Been playing every day for two weeks and it feels like I haven't scratched the surface! Game is crazy big and loaded with tons of content
I've had to talk myself out of buying RDR2 since it came out because I know once I get it, everything else will fall by the wayside. But once I graduate in December that's the first thing I'm picking up!

I've had to talk myself out of buying RDR2 since it came out because I know once I get it, everything else will fall by the wayside. But once I graduate in December that's the first thing I'm picking up!
That was definitely a smart move. RDR2 has made my senioritis much worse lol

Members don't see this ad :)
That was definitely a smart move. RDR2 has made my senioritis much worse lol
I missed a quiz yesterday that was open for a whole month (only four quizzes all year, none are dropped). Freshman me would've had an aneurysm. Senior me didnt blink an eye. Senioritis has me in a vice grip.

Reactions: 5 users
I missed a quiz yesterday that was open for a whole month (only four quizzes all year, none are dropped). Freshman me would've had an aneurysm. Senior me didnt blink an eye. Senioritis has me in a vice grip.
Haha yep, that's sounds about right. Not including tests, I haven't stepped foot in my immunology class since August. But hey, we're in the home stretch for dental school, B's and even a few C's are good enough lol.

I look at the calendar every single day! I even had a countdown widget on my home screen, had to get rid of that pretty fast! But I'm trying to spend my time doing stuff! Aside from work, there's a lot of free events in my city (they have to be free or VERY cheap after all these damn apps) and I just try to do one a day or so! Also, I'm learning to cook! I'm on my own for the first time ever and it's been a ride in the kitchen, let me tell ya..

Refresh sdn everyday.
Talk about my interviews with my coworkers and the dentist I work for. I think I should stop talking about it but that’s the only thing I have in mind.
Daydreaming about getting an acceptance call from a school while working.
Checking inbox and spam every hour.
Checking AADSAS portal every other day.

Every Friday, I’m so relieved that another week passed by so quickly.

lol, this is like 25 days to Christmas

Reactions: 3 users
me by my laptop and phone reading sdn and emails

Attachments

• ezgif-4-28f1b3331bc6.gif
    ezgif-4-28f1b3331bc6.gif
    3 MB · Views: 69
Senioritis is hitting me hard. I have lost all my motivations. Daydreaming about what will happen on Dec 3rd every single day. I better get into somewhere this year, otherwise how am I going to explain such a downward trend in my GPA :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: 12 users
Haha yep, that's sounds about right. Not including tests, I haven't stepped foot in my immunology class since August. But hey, we're in the home stretch for dental school, B's and even a few C's are good enough lol.
Lmfao same for my biochem lecture. I was there for the first lecture, heard that theres no clicker points, and that was the last time I've been in that room. The distinctions I'll graduate with are pretty much set in stone, so there's no point in going for a 4.0 if a 3.0 will leave me in the same spot lol

Enjoy your senior year/gap year. Seriously. There’s no time to have senioritis, gapyearitis, or any other itis there is once dental school starts. Enjoy it while you still can.

Had a dream last night that it was Dec 3rd, and didn't hear back from anywhere

December 1st just had to be on a Saturday this year...

3 weeks and 2 days to go

Reactions: 12 users
When you're trying to distract yourself but Instagram is advertising scrubs to you...

20 DAYS LEFT!!!

Attachments

• tenor-3.gif
    tenor-3.gif
    79.5 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: 6 users
I've been trying to stay busy. I have a light semester which has been both a blessing and an annoyance. I've honestly been trying not to worry much, since I've done everything I can, all I can do now is have faith that I'll end up where I'm supposed to be. But one thought that keeps creeping into my head is that, for the past two years, I've been dedicated to becoming a dentist and I haven't even considered doing anything else, so if I don't get in, I will really have to rethink my life. But one thing at a time, I have faith that it will all work out, either the way I planned, or another way.

Reactions: 10 users
This wait is awful, I keep second guessing everything I said while interviewing. Anyone else? Does anyone feel absolutely confident that they will receive an acceptance after interviewing at 3+ schools?

WE'RE ALMOST TO SINGLE DIGIT DAYS!! 14 days left!
giphy.gif

This wait is awful, I keep second guessing everything I said while interviewing. Anyone else? Does anyone feel absolutely confident that they will receive an acceptance after interviewing at 3+ schools?

I do the same thing, specially my first interviews, my game wasn’t as good in the beginning. But I’m confident I will get in at least three schools. We gotta drink the cool aid and have faith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same. The more I think about it, the worse I feel. I wish I could erase my memories of my interviews entirely. This has been a true test of patience.

Oh gosh, it's down to two weeks, ahhh :vomit:. I've resorted to reading past years' countdown threads. I've read '17 and '16 in their 20+ page entireties. Gonna head over to '15 now. Send help.

Oh gosh, it's down to two weeks, ahhh :vomit:. I've resorted to reading past years' countdown threads. I've read '17 and '16 in their 20+ page entireties. Gonna head over to '15 now. Send help.
And in a few years someone will read this too lol

LOL. I did the same thing. How come this year's thread is so QUIETTTTT?

Reactions: 1 users
This was the slowest week of my life. And it's only gonna get slower from here..

Guys send help, i dont think i can wait anymore

This was the slowest week of my life. And it's only gonna get slower from here..

at least this week is thanksgiving
but then you have to deal with the relatives asking "did you get into dental school?"

at least this week is thanksgiving
but then you have to deal with the relatives asking "did you get into dental school?"
That explains my life perfectly except it’s been happening over the past 5 months...

Reactions: 10 users
I've been wanting to give gift cards to those who either helped me with my personal statement or wrote letters of recommendation for me. With Thanksgiving and Black Friday coming up, now seems like a perfect time. At the same time, I am also debating about whether to wait until I get accepted.

I've been wanting to give gift cards to those who either helped me with my personal statement or wrote letters of recommendation for me. With Thanksgiving and Black Friday coming up, now seems like a perfect time. At the same time, I am also debating about whether to wait until I get accepted.

same!! I'm also waiting until i get accepted though

It's such a tough decision because I want to have news for them. At the same time, some people argue that I owe them no matter the outcome.

That's kind of pathetic if they expect reimbursement for helping someone out.

The first 5 months flew by, but these past 19 days have taken forever

Reactions: 9 users