Couple Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MatttF

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently a pre-med student but I just had a couple questions about pharmacy because at one time I was interested in doing it.

First: Is a Pharmacy program only to be a pharmacist that works behind the counter at a pharmacy and counts pills, orders new ones, etc. or is there other jobs involved/more to the actual working behind the counter job.

Second: How competitive are pharmacy programs generally?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently a pre-med student but I just had a couple questions about pharmacy because at one time I was interested in doing it.

First: Is a Pharmacy program only to be a pharmacist that works behind the counter at a pharmacy and counts pills, orders new ones, etc. or is there other jobs involved/more to the actual working behind the counter job.

I only say this : with the way you are asking these questions, I seriously doubt your intelligence and knowledge and that you are really a good premed student and/or that you would have any chance to make it to medical schools. Either that or you are just trolling...

Reactions: 1 users
If the way I worded these questions offends you I apologize, but I am neither trolling nor lacking the necessary intelligence to get into med school. I just wanted to go into Pharmacy at one point but knew little about what was involved with the actually job and schooling. I tried Googling the answers to my questions and looking around these forums but I couldn't really find a straight answer to my question.

In regards to question 1,
http://www.aacp.org/resources/student/pharmacyforyou/pharmacycareerinfo/pages/default.aspx should be a jumpstart to the plethora of options for pharmacists when they graduate and pass the board exam.

Question 2,
Competitive in what sense? Every program has a slightly different list of pre-requisites that are required along with min GPA and PCAT scores (if applicable).

Reactions: 1 user