course load in undergrad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

febreezeknees

Reaction score
hello - im wondering how bad it looks if i only have taken 12 credits almost every semester except spring 2021 and fall 2021. life happened and i was not able to handle any of my classes and should’ve just taken a medical leave, but i didn’t.

i plan on taking 2 courses at a time in my diy post bac starting January 2022, as i also intend on working while i take class.

will it look like i can’t handle med school? i need to work, so i cannot figure out another way.

Members don't see this ad.

I think I had like 3 or 4 semesters in a row where I just had 12 credits only on tue and thur. Time of my life...spent way to much money and time socializing over a drink or two 😜. Nobody ever brought it up or asked about it.

You should be fine. There's nothing you can do about the past semesters now, anyway, so no need to worry about it. It's very unlikely it will even come up if your grades and MCAT are solid.

For the postbac, nobody will care at all if you take 2 classes at a time while you're also working. Taking 1 or 2 classes/semester is extremely common for working postbac students.